Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I wonder what this fixes. I hope some of the weird bugs introduced in 1.1? Anyway, just noticed it. Who else noticed it? See any changes/fixes?
  2. #2  
    ? What does that even mean?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I wonder what this fixes. I hope some of the weird bugs introduced in 1.1? Anyway, just noticed it. Who else noticed it? See any changes/fixes?
    Guess you missed the sticky plastered to the top of this forum
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...u-noticed.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    No, I know that WebOS 1.1 is out. But can you check your phone to see if it says 1.1.0? I reset my phone (was installing mytether) and then the phone woke up to the update program (instead of the usual home screen that shows your wallpaper) and it said update 0 has been completed. So then I checked the version and it said 1.1.0. I forget if it said this after the WebOS 1.1 update or if it showed 1.1.0. Can someone confirm? It's odd that the update app updated to 0....
  5. #5  
    Mine says "Your phone is up to date". I wonder why yours had an update..hmmm
  6. #6  
    mine says that the version is Palm webOS 1.1.0
  7. #7  
    Mine also says 1.1.0. Wouldn't make sense to go from 1.1 to 1.1.0.
  8. #8  
    Mine shows the same 1.1.0
  9. #9  
    The official numbering for Palm's updates contains three digits, so 1.1.0 is the proper format, not 1.1.

    There was initial confusion on the format when the Pre first came out because the updates were listed as 1.01, 1.02, etc. That was then corrected to say 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc. So the latest, 1.1.0, is the proper version number.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    No, I know that WebOS 1.1 is out. But can you check your phone to see if it says 1.1.0? I reset my phone (was installing mytether) and then the phone woke up to the update program (instead of the usual home screen that shows your wallpaper) and it said update 0 has been completed. So then I checked the version and it said 1.1.0. I forget if it said this after the WebOS 1.1 update or if it showed 1.1.0. Can someone confirm? It's odd that the update app updated to 0....
    Stay away from the shrooms
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  11. tm4000m's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #11  
    I manually set my date to Aug. 28 2011, and my phone automatically updated to version 2.5.8. I had it on it's touchstone near my iPod touch, and as soon as it rebooted from the update, it ate my touch. Is there anyway I get get it to spit it out? And why is my Pre shimmering? That CAN'T be good for battery life....
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tm4000m View Post
    I manually set my date to Aug. 28 2011, and my phone automatically updated to version 2.5.8. I had it on it's touchstone near my iPod touch, and as soon as it rebooted from the update, it ate my touch. Is there anyway I get get it to spit it out? And why is my Pre shimmering? That CAN'T be good for battery life....
    You will actually notice that you can take the battery OUT of your Pre and it'll continue to run. THAT'S HOW GOOD BATTERY LIFE IS IN 2011!!!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tm4000m View Post
    I manually set my date to Aug. 28 2011, and my phone automatically updated to version 2.5.8. I had it on it's touchstone near my iPod touch, and as soon as it rebooted from the update, it ate my touch. Is there anyway I get get it to spit it out? And why is my Pre shimmering? That CAN'T be good for battery life....
    Maybe WebOS Doctor can perform some surgery and extract your iPod Touch from your Pre. Or you can just let the Pre finish digesting it and wait for it to be expelled through the USB port.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  14. #14  
    I got the same 'system update 0 installed' yesterday. I have no idea what it is. It was right after a reboot as well. I had just finished installing an app via the CLI, unfortunately I can't remember what app it was. Yesterday was a long time ago, man.
  15. #15  
    I got this WebOS update 0 as well.

    I think it fixed SOME of the issues with EAS PIN screen w/ alarm w/ touchscreen issues.

    The first morning I couldn't even hit the numbers to unlock my screen--it forced me to call 9-1-1 about 5 times, before I thought to open my keboard and type the PIN that way.

    I rebooted the Pre, and it came up saying it successfully-installed Update 0. Works better from that.
    no 'Thanks'
  16. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tm4000m View Post
    I manually set my date to Aug. 28 2011, and my phone automatically updated to version 2.5.8. I had it on it's touchstone near my iPod touch, and as soon as it rebooted from the update, it ate my touch. Is there anyway I get get it to spit it out? And why is my Pre shimmering? That CAN'T be good for battery life....
    Just about ROFLMAO!

    Not to mention enormous' answer...

    -JerryG

Posting Permissions