1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I'm with Tmobile right now. Currently using the blackberry bold, loving the device, hating the sheer nature EDGE is ancient, more importantly slow as a turtle. Anyway, I finally decided, well not decided, but I need some help. I'm thinking if i should switch over to Sprint and incur the undesirable termination fee. I've been looking at the "PRE" for some time now, played with it on and off. Lingering around the store like a lost puppy. Took some time to sit down and spoke to the representative, haggled my way trying to get the best deal possible. My attempts blustering in my face, but now I need your help. I need the advice from the all savvy, knowledgeable "PreCentral" community. Please elaborate on the phone about your dislike and how this device has worked out for you. Has it been an enjoyable walk in the park, or a ominous stroll through the woods. Let me know thanks! Much appreciate, sorry for the long post.

Mike
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Just remember that the Pre is a very new device. It needs a ton of refinement as you can see from all the posts about notifications, calendar, volumes, it can't do this like my BB, or it can't do that like my Treo.

On the plus side, it has a ton of potential. There is a bad a$$ computer and OS inside just waiting for people to write apps for it. Once this takes off, there's no looking back. I keep thinking we are only days or weeks away. Realistically, it could be a months.

I love my Pre and I'm glad I cancelled my iPhone acct. I still use the iPhone for company e-mail, some database programs, graphic intensive games, and as an iPod. If you are a computer hacker or a geek and like to play with javascript, you can do some of your own tweaks. The Pre is an awesome device. It's potential has not been realized at this time for the end user.

If the Pre has the apps and capabilities that you NEED, and you don't mind waiting for the tweaks and apps that you WANT, go for the Pre. Otherwise, stay in tune with this forum, keep learning, and jump ship when the time is right for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Just remember that the Pre is a very new device. It needs a ton of refinement as you can see from all the posts about notifications, calendar, volumes, it can't do this like my BB, or it can't do that like my Treo.

On the plus side, it has a ton of potential. There is a bad a$$ computer and OS inside just waiting for people to write apps for it. Once this takes off, there's no looking back. I keep thinking we are only days or weeks away. Realistically, it could be a months.

I love my Pre and I'm glad I cancelled my iPhone acct. I still use the iPhone for company e-mail, some database programs, graphic intensive games, and as an iPod. If you are a computer hacker or a geek and like to play with javascript, you can do some of your own tweaks. The Pre is an awesome device. It's potential has not been realized at this time for the end user.

If the Pre has the apps and capabilities that you NEED, and you don't mind waiting for the tweaks and apps that you WANT, go for the Pre. Otherwise, stay in tune with this forum, keep learning, and jump ship when the time is right for you.
    Nicely said.