1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had issues with the alarm going off like it's supposed to the first time after you set it and then never going off again despite the fact that the notification icon remains in the system tray and if you view the alarms it still says it's set and on? This is happening to me and I don't know what to do about it. I may have to write my own alarm app.
    Did you check your "System Sounds" and make sure the volume level is up?

If that doesn't work, try resetting your device.
    My has always worked. Sometimes it sounds for over 30 minutes ( time it takes me to wake up).
    I am having this exact same issue. I have had to keep my old phone next to my bed, because I can't rely on the Pre to wake me up. An alarm app would be great.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, the system sounds are fine. I've found that if I go in and change the time, back out, then go back in and change it back to the time I want it will work again. Or if I just delete it and create a new one it works. Both of those things are annoying to have to do every day though. I'll reset it and see if that helps.
    I have not had this issue at all. I would try what TR30 suggested and reset your device and see if that helps.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I have had issues with both the alarm and calendar reminders being unreliable at times.