Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I just received my Palm Pre tonight. It was delivered by UPS (I bought it from my company Sprint rep). The very first thing I noticed when I took it out of the box (grey box) was it has the oreo twist going on. I doubt it is the worst case but it is not small either. So I have not even activated this phone yet and I am wondering if I should return it immediately or keep it and see if it gets any worse. The only thing I have done is apply a Phantom Skin but I have another so I don't care about that.

I am personally leaning towards keeping it as long as the phone operates properly.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    it really depends on how bad the twist is man.

i went through 2 devices before i found one that didn't twist, and i'm very happy i did.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    WTF double post.
    If it interferes with other functionality, like the power button on the upper right corner or the volume button on the left side, then you should exchange it now. If it's not that bad, then keep it and enjoy it.
    return it. it will cause complications later on, if not immediately. save yourself the trouble. you paid good money for that phone--oreo twist is not normal.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Any more thoughts? For those of you with the oreo issue did it continue to get worse over time? Mine doesn't prevent me from using the volume or power buttons at this point. However if it is going to continue to get worse then it may very well effect those features at some point. Since I bought it through my company sprint rep I am not sure if I can take it to the Sprint store to exchange it or not.

One other stupid question I have. I have it plugged in right now through the a/c charger and it is powered off. There is nothing to indicate it is charging. Shouldn't I see a red light or something so I know it is charging?
    Mine got worse over time. Same store as this guy. I received it via UPS and that was the first thing I noticed. Used it for about two weeks and started pulling apart more. I'm on my third pre and it has NO problems. You paid a lot of money for this phone. Send it back and get what you paid for!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    When the Sprint store opens here in an hour and a half I am going to call them and try to arrange an exchange through them. If not I will call customer service I guess and see what I need to do. I hope this isn't a difficult process.

UPDATE: The saleman who answered the phone a tthe Sprint store told me I have to go through my rep. i sent her a text but if history tells me anything I won't have a new phone for a week or two. Thankfully I can make it on my Rant until I get my next Pre. The salesman said I could bring it in and a repair tech could look at it. He was bewildered at my description of the oreo problem and acted like he never heard of it.
    Last edited by Brewzer; 07/28/2009 at 12:22 PM.
    The only difference is I called telesales rather than customer service, who connected me with tech services and then returns. I ended up having them ship me a return package and a new phone. The new phone got here the day after I talked with them, and the return package was here yesterday.
    My 1st and 2nd pre had the oreo effect, and it DID get worse over time with both! I had to go through so much of a hassle I ended up getting to retentions because I had to "threaten" to cancel my contract just to get my issue resolved! They finally directed me to one of their stores that had some extra phones on order and they spoke with about my issue and was able to exchange it for my 3rd (and so far final) Pre, and I am finally happy with the phone hardware. I would say if it bothers you at all go ahead and put up a fight and don't stop until you get one with a solid slider, there are some out there and it will make you satisfied with your purchase completely! Hope this helps.