Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    My phone's speaker stopped working. Pandora/You Tube/SPrint Tv etc wouldn't play audio out. Also any callers couldn't hear me nor could I hear them.
    Headphones though worked fine.

To fix this issue. Plug in headphones and dial voicemail. Hit the mute button in the dialer twice then hang up voicemail and pull out headphones. Speaker should work thereafter.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Good to know. I never had any problems yet with this issue. I've read some people say plugging the headphones in and out a few times works also.
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    My phone's speaker stopped working. Pandora/You Tube/SPrint Tv etc wouldn't play audio out. Also any callers couldn't hear me nor could I hear them.

To fix this issue. Plug in headphones and dial voicemail. Hit the mute button in the dialer twice then hang up voicemail and pull out headphones. Speaker should work thereafter.
    lol. I haven't had this issue, but I was just waiting for you to say to do all of that while standing on your head in an all aluminum room.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    That's an interesting fix, i would have never thought of that.
    Just out of curiosity, how many times has this worked for you?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    i tried the head phone in and out more times today than i care to mention. i even did a partial wipe and did the in and out with the head phones but that didn't work either. then i came across this issue on the palm board and someone mentioned this fix. it worked first try. i know it sounds odd but its been working.

i usually use bluetooth headphone for music and movies but this weekend i was watching a movie using regular plug in ones and maybe when i pulled the plug out last night something went wonky. this may be palms idea of audio reset...i don't know. thought for sure i was going to have to exchange it but i'm still on first pre. yay
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Something tells me this could be reduced to "To fix this issue. Plug in headphones...pull out headphones. Speaker should work thereafter."
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    uh.....no
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I just had this happen to me too. I used the included headphones for the first time today. I pulled them out to take my phone with me to lunch and I was try to call people and people were calling me and I couldn't hear them. The face sensor wasn't working either.

I got back to my desk and tried the audio interactive test and those all passed, but I still couldn't hear anything out of the earpiece during a call.

Next, I plugged the headset in and dialed voicemail and during the call I plugged the headset in and out and after a few tries I could hear the call throught the phone.

I'll try this fix next time. I hope it's not a hardware issue.
    I've tried ALL the suggested fixes and no dice. Speaker phone and headphone only for phone calls, and Pandora only plays through headphones. I don't use BT and it's off. Now what, Sprint store with tech, CS or webOS Doctor then CS?

Edit: I already posted this in the appropriate Palm.com forum.

Thanks
    Last edited by ElPhantasmo; 08/05/2009 at 02:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Out of the blue my phone speaker (not the speakerphone or headset) stopped working today. (This never happened before and I've owned this Pre since launch day.)

Thank goodness I bookmarked this old thread. I did the fix listed in the first post and everything's working again! Thanks!!
    go to device info and scroll to bottom and hit more info then swipe down on preferences and do the interactive tests they will determin if you have a hardware issue or just stuck headphone jack lol
    also plug in head phones to jack turn on some music listen for a sec then turn off music and unplug phones and see if issue is fixed . This just unsticks whatever is getting stuck. And as a side note never unplug headphones while in use if its possible.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Thanks a bunch. Out of the blue, my Pre started having this issue today. This solution worked like a charm to restore the intended device functionality.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    really just wanted to thank you for this fix!! It worked on the first try and I tried so many other options first.

was sooo happy with this fix. Thanks again.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Is it necessary to use Palm's headphones? I currently have the speaker problem after using my iPod headphones.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I just tried something and it worked: I pushed the up and down buttons of the volume rocker at the same time (several times) and that somehow brought the volume up on the speaker.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Hmmm. With the "mute twice" fix, I now get speakerphone, but still can't get the phone to make/take calls without the headset. That is, I can't hear the other person by putting the phone to my ear, and the other person can't hear me either.
    Last edited by aimtrue; 12/25/2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by aimtrue View Post
    Hmmm. With the "mute twice" fix, I now get speakerphone, but still can't get the phone to make/take calls without the headset. That is, I can't hear the other person by putting the phone to my ear, and the other person can't hear me either.
    Check these fixes to correct the problem:

Palm Support : Can&#39;t hear audio through Treo smartphone&#39;s speaker or headset

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html

It works! Thank you, God. I praise you, my Lord! Indeed, thank you for you ingenious solution! Thank you Jabou!
    I've tried numerous ways to get it working for about three days now,I finally got it unstuck. What I did was put the headphones in half way so you don't hear any music the rock it side to side the music will cut in and out of the headphones and once you do that a couple times it will finally kick it out to the main speaker
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast