1.    #1  
    Just got back from my local sprint store and got my launch day pre exchanged the sales clerk was extremely helpful and polite, She also let me keep the extra headphones and charger. The reason I decided to exchange my phone was because the speaker was either blown or something, because every time I would listen to something it sounded all scratchy and messed up. I didn't get charged or anything cause I had insurance on it. hopefully this one last's longer, I don't want to turn into one of those people that have returned their phones like five times.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jck815 View Post
    Just got back from my local sprint store and got my launch day pre exchanged the sales clerk was extremely helpful and polite, She also let me keep the extra headphones and charger. The reason I decided to exchange my phone was because the speaker was either blown or something, because every time I would listen to something it sounded all scratchy and messed up. I didn't get charged or anything cause I had insurance on it. hopefully this one last's longer, I don't want to turn into one of those people that have returned their phones like five times.
    if your speaker issue was happening for a lot longer, you should have returned it earlier, at the first instant you noticed it. after viewing many threads, i believe that after the 30 days, all you get are refurbed units.

hope your second unit lasts forever, i've exchanged mine (since launch) almost twice. unfortunately, on the 3rd try i unexpectedly had to return it.
    Shouldn't the thread title contain "exchange" instead of "return"? The trolls and "analysts" may jump to conclusions...
    I've caught myself concerned about getting a refurb should I have to return my Pre (or any other device), and then I thought: aren't refurbs just units that have been tested and verified as working correctly? Why is getting a refurb automatically a bad thing? Certainly, some of the best cars I've owned have been used...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic