1.    #1  
    So, over the last few days, after the upgrade to 1.1, I have had occasion where the phone would not recognize the Touchstone charger. Upon reset, the phone recognized the Touchstone.

I think, it is more prone to occur after I have used the USB sync connection with my PC....

Anyone else notice this?

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    You thread title is misleading. Can you show a true correlation betwen this problem and 1.1? Sounds like it's just as likely to be coincidence. Your reasoning is not only unsound but invalid.
  3.    #3  
    It's not misleading at all - it's actually the correlation I am looking for... It seems to happen more frequently after I've used the USB Drive mode of the Pre. This NEVER happened prior to update to 1.1 and began to happen immediately following. Regardless of whether the USB sync/drive increases the risk or actually causes this anomaly, it is absolutely related to 1.1.
    Lee Ladisky
    I pretty sure that the touchstone will charge the battery minus the phone just the back and the battery on the touchstone. Of course I can not prove just theory. So updates shouldn't effect charging.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crash712us View Post
    I pretty sure that the touchstone will charge the battery minus the phone just the back and the battery on the touchstone. Of course I can not prove just theory. So updates shouldn't effect charging.
    Exactly. It's a battery charger, nothing else has anything to do with the Touchstone.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Exactly. It's a battery charger, nothing else has anything to do with the Touchstone.
    With all due respect, not true. The software/firmware does control charging - there is a known issue with
    1.0.4 that would cause the phone not to recognize the USB charger on some phones unless the screen was off, under certain conditions. This is a similar, but different, issue. If a reset resolves the problem, it is firmware/software related. Our other devices work just fine with the TS and each experiences the problem at different times and under different conditions.
    To answer OP question I have not experienced this after being in USB mode and then on the TouchStone.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I use the pre to back up my dissertation daily at school and then charge it on the stone at night. I never reset the phone and I have never had the problem you describe.
  9.    #9  
    Interesting - so it may be a hard reset for me.... odd.
    Lee Ladisky