Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I havent seen this but this was posted over at PalmInfocenter.

    IM+ for Skype Webapp for the Palm Pre

    Its a web app and it says:

    It enables text and voice based communication with other Skype users who are logged in with their Skype accounts on PC. It can also utilize the Skype-out calling feature that allows you to make and receive Skype calls through the service.

    It's 9.99 with a 10 day trial. Head on to s4palm.com.
  2.    #2  
    things that was s uccessful...

    someone online called me thru skype

    been trying to call but prob of 5 trials only ringed once on the other line.
  3. #3  
    Were is the ipk at? I didn't see it in the app catalog or the that website. I wanna try it out
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    Were is the ipk at? I didn't see it in the app catalog or the that website. I wanna try it out
    Not in the app catalog. Looks really interesting.
  5. #5  
    Was hoping that there would be a native app for this but if it works it should be helpful. I have used their app for the iPhone and it was good so if the web works then I am all for it.
  6.    #6  
    i just had called 2 people successfully thru this app. (skype PC both)

    what happens is when their skype rings, when they pick up, skype (or the IM+ service) calls your phone back and you will wait for your phone to ring and only then can you have a conversation.

    I think you will have to have skype credits for that.
  7. #7  
    The app is totally web based. Got it to pull up my list but not able to talk to anyone.
  8. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #8  
    I've been trying but haven't been able to connect. Just says "connecting..." But, based on previous reviews, it sounds a bit clunky. I'm thinking this kind of app is not best suited as a webapp.
  9. philb's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    #9  
    It may be like iPhone, only works with wi-fi. I found same issues trying to use Google voice through web site, it lets you call but you can not hear the other person, they can not hear you. If I call my google voice number it lets me call the person, but it still is costing minutes, they just get google voice # instead of cell. Now if Sprint offered "friend & family" like verizon and I put my google voice number in all out going and incoming calls with that number no charge.
  10. #10  
    how is chatting ?

    is there a way to save the chat protocols?
  11. unclegeek's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #11  
    It's the same lame implementation they did for this program on the Treo's.. it's seriously bogus.. I used it on my Centro when it first came out.. the problem is, if you call someone, they hang up on you before you get called back. What would you do if your phone rings.. you answer it.. you hear a ringing back to another phone.. YOU HANG UP.. people hear this and think they're being forwarded to a bill collector or a telemarketer.. so they hang up. It uses your cell phone minutes, so BFD.. it let you dial someone that's in your skype directory. It's worthless.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by prephil View Post
    Now if Sprint offered "friend & family" like verizon and I put my google voice number in all out going and incoming calls with that number no charge.
    Do a search on Sprint pick 3 and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  13. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by unclegeek View Post
    It's the same lame implementation they did for this program on the Treo's.. it's seriously bogus.. I used it on my Centro when it first came out.. the problem is, if you call someone, they hang up on you before you get called back. What would you do if your phone rings.. you answer it.. you hear a ringing back to another phone.. YOU HANG UP.. people hear this and think they're being forwarded to a bill collector or a telemarketer.. so they hang up. It uses your cell phone minutes, so BFD.. it let you dial someone that's in your skype directory. It's worthless.
    My thoughts exactly. The idea is neat, the implementation is flawed. How's the recipient supposed to know what's going on?
  14. #14  
    the app catalog needs to keep up with homebrew apps

Posting Permissions