Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linksocc View Post
    Wtf was this, this gets my vote as the most confusing and stupid post yet on this forum.
    Are you referring to the proof that 911 was faked, or the "birthers" video evidence that obama is really from mars or something? That cloud lets us share the data, and it's also helped people get information out to show the world what's happening in iran for instance. If its that important and your scared it could become compromise it dosent belong on the web or a pre in the first place.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by zullnero View Post
    Your documents can be hacked and stolen whether they're on your desktop or whether they're on the web.....
    It's Amazing how quite a few posters have dodge the main point, and side stepped the "elephant in the room." First, email services and net companies have been reading / spying on your private info for years. They even came out a couple of years ago and admitted IT! Remember the "lame" excuse of terrorist using email ETC!! (They have to read your Private Mail to stop and find terrorist)

BUT, I'll try Again, to talk about Documents being (Removed) by Net Companies....

Google only has the "sensitive" info that they do "still" have, along with Youtube that powers or general negative forces would rather not be accessable, ONLY because you do have copies in your Phones and on hard drives at home or in your own possession as a off-set stalemate!

Many documents and Videos are pulled down and banned quite often. I and many groups find they are usually some of the most important and explosive proof of events, and of important infornmation. Also hold (sites) that hold important info are blocked or Removed by net companies.

I say we must keep the "stalemate" in place with info in our phones and hard drives.

But if the "Pre" and the Cloud take over, get ready for statements like...
    "What Documents"! "There was no proof"! Etc...

But some will say we as slide into surfdom: "Nice "Pre" Cloud Phone."
    Last edited by positron; 07/28/2009 at 10:16 PM.
    The Pre is not the catalyst or even the first vehicle for the famed "Cloud Computing". Is the Pre, the first Smart-Phone to begin to take advantage of all our info that already exists in the "Cloud", probably. Palm however, is only using what is available today while engineering a device and OS that can evolve as everything moves this direction.

Cloud Computing will happen and it's not the first time it's happened. Waaaayyy back in the old days, people at companies used these desktop devices that didn't even have a hard drive and got all of it's data from the "Cloud"...of course, back then we called it "The Mainframe", but that was a long time ago.
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    ummm ... what? OP, I'm not a big stickler for grammer and such on message boards. But I do ask that you type your thoughts in a coherent fashion, such that your average college graduate can understand WTF you are talking about. Let me know when you can accomplish that, and I'll be more than willing to have an open and honest discussion about the Pre, Smart phones, the internet, cloud computing, and the "third party".
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    It's Amazing how quite a few posters have dodge the main point, and side stepped the "elephant in the room." First, email services and net companies have been reading / spying on your private info for years. They even came out a couple of years ago and admitted IT! Remember the "lame" excuse of terrorist using email ETC!! (They have to read your Private Mail to stop and find terrorist)

BUT, I'll try Again, to talk about Documents being (Removed) by Net Companies....

Google only has the "sensitive" info that they do "still" have, along with Youtube that powers or general negative forces would rather not be accessable, ONLY because you do have copies in your Phones and on hard drives at home or in your own possession as a off-set stalemate!

Many documents and Videos are pulled down and banned quite often. I and many groups find they are usually some of the most important and explosive proof of events, and of important infornmation. Also hold (sites) that hold important info are blocked or Removed by net companies.

I say we must keep the "stalemate" in place with info in our phones and hard drives.

But if the "Pre" and the Cloud take over, get ready for statements like...
    "What Documents"! "There was no proof"! Etc...

But some will say we as slide into surfdom: "Nice "Pre" Cloud Phone."
    You are so mixing analogies here, so it's next to impossible to counter what you're tryng to say, since it's hard to even know what you're trying to say.

First of all, you are not talking about "the cloud", you are talking about a very small portion of "the cloud". As has been pointed out to you, corporate servers are also part of the cloud.

Secondly, whether Googole, YouTube, or anyone else chooses to erase something off their hard drive, that does not erase it out of existance. You watcht a YouTube video, you can download it to your harddrive to keep a local copy. Even if you don't, it's still copied to your hard drive before it's played (it's on your cache).

So, this idea that could computing is going give the power to erase history to a few individual users is way off base, both conceptually and technologically.
    The thing that bothers me about Palms "Cloud" is that you can not confirm that your data is there. That cost me some records when I swapped out phones in the store only to find out that of my 3500 contacts, only 700 were being backed up to the Palm cloud.
    I had to go back to my Palm Desktop and re-import the records, which saved my ***.
    Now I have the Contacts on Gmail by using a trial version of CompanionLink.
    Still havent figured out if this is going to work. Would love to be able to backup and manage tasks (200+) by category. That seems to be only a problem for me. I also have a gazillion memos from over the years. They are completely unmanageable.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    ....Secondly, whether Googole, YouTube, or anyone else chooses to erase something off their hard drive, that does not erase it out of existance. You watcht a YouTube video, you can download it to your harddrive to keep a local copy. Even if you don't, it's still copied to your hard drive before it's played (it's on your cache)....
    Hmm? At this point, in your response especially, you seem you be making my case.

We have a "stalemate" by having the Info, Documents, and even hold web sties on our Drives and in Smart phones. Erasing history is harder because of this fact. The "Pre" phone "Cloud" direction, gives too much power to, too Few. Erase History you mention? Just about..

If these few companies or people choose, they can "call the tune."

But, I guess you can dance while listening to "Pre's" mp3 player.
    Last edited by positron; 07/29/2009 at 06:20 PM.
    Hmm? At this point, in your response especially, you seem you be making my case.

We have a "stalemate" by having the Info, Documents, and even hold web sties on our Drives and in Smart phones. Erasing history is harder because of this fact. The "Pre" phone "Cloud" direction, gives too much power to, too Few. Erase History you mention? Just about..

If these few companies or people choose, they can "call the tune."

But, I guess you can dance while listening to "Pre's" mp3 player.
    Ahhh, so in your analogy, the Pre replaces every existing device in the world?

Palm probably would like that, but it's not reality. It's a smartphone, not a replacement for our PC's.

BTW, I don't listen to MP3's on my phone, except for ringtones.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetgeek View Post
    The thing that bothers me about Palms "Cloud" is that you can not confirm that your data is there. That cost me some records when I swapped out phones in the store only to find out that of my 3500 contacts, only 700 were being backed up to the Palm cloud.
    I had to go back to my Palm Desktop and re-import the records, which saved my ***.
    Now I have the Contacts on Gmail by using a trial version of CompanionLink.
    Still havent figured out if this is going to work. Would love to be able to backup and manage tasks (200+) by category. That seems to be only a problem for me. I also have a gazillion memos from over the years. They are completely unmanageable.
    Ouch! I feel your Pain!
    I'd say something like loosing contacts is a Major thing, and not just your nightmare but many people dread! Who writes down their contacts in separate locations these days?

...Nope. "Pre" Palm WebOs, Cloud;
    we possibably millions here hope you're listening or viewing This.

As I said at the beginning: Ouch!
    Ouch! I feel your Pain!
    I'd say something like loosing contacts is a Major thing, and not just your nightmare but many people dread! Who writes down their contacts in separate locations these days?

...Nope. "Pre" Palm WebOs, Cloud;
    we possibably millions here hope you're listening or viewing This.

As I said at the beginning: Ouch!
    And again, you are mixing up analogies/stories/examples, whatever you choose to call them. His Pre did not "lose" his contacts. Nor did the cloud. They were never properly transferred.

On time, years ago, I lost my DayTimer (before I even had a Palm). Was that the caused by "the cloud" as well??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12