Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    What is with the rice, if I may ask?
    In this thread before the OP comes back to say he has problems with his keypad...

Sooner or later, chances are that there will be some corrosion.... It's the nature of the beast (water) and electronics.

As mentioned, if you ever drop your phone in water take the battery out as soon as possible. This prevents the electricity from flowing and from shorting any circuits.

In the summer time, keep the phone in a warm car to help evaporate the liquid that's trapped in the phone.

I like the idea of using rice to absorb the liquid... But, I'd say if you have some desiccant pouches (those little pouches that say "do not eat" on them that come in your shoe box, or with other products) those will probably work a little bit better.

Hopefully the water didn't get too far into your phone's internals... But, if it did, there will likely be some corrosion sooner or later.

I had an incident with my dog at a local lake... Had to jump in to get him out, and didn't realize my phone was in my pocket (took my wallet and keys out, forgot about the phone). It was an LG EnVy. Phone was completely submerged for about a minute. I took the battery out, and kept it in the warm car for two days. It (surprisingly) worked after I put the battery back in. Worked great, but then about a month later, I had problems with the keys sticking and some not working unless I pressed them multiple times... It was OK, because I was at the end of my contract, and picked up my Pre in June.

Good luck... The one thing that might help save you is that the keyboard is somewhat "sealed" (I use the term loosely) as the keypad is one piece, and not multiple keys. Good thing you have the insurance though... I decided to pass on mine, and I hope I made the right choice.
    In this thread before the OP comes back to say he has problems with his keypad...

Sooner or later, chances are that there will be some corrosion.... It's the nature of the beast (water) and electronics.

As mentioned, if you ever drop your phone in water take the battery out as soon as possible. This prevents the electricity from flowing and from shorting any circuits.

In the summer time, keep the phone in a warm car to help evaporate the liquid that's trapped in the phone.

I like the idea of using rice to absorb the liquid... But, I'd say if you have some desiccant pouches (those little pouches that say "do not eat" on them that come in your shoe box, or with other products) those will probably work a little bit better.

Hopefully the water didn't get too far into your phone's internals... But, if it did, there will likely be some corrosion sooner or later.

I had an incident with my dog at a local lake... Had to jump in to get him out, and didn't realize my phone was in my pocket (took my wallet and keys out, forgot about the phone). It was an LG EnVy. Phone was completely submerged for about a minute. I took the battery out, and kept it in the warm car for two days. It (surprisingly) worked after I put the battery back in. Worked great, but then about a month later, I had problems with the keys sticking and some not working unless I pressed them multiple times... It was OK, because I was at the end of my contract, and picked up my Pre in June.

Good luck... The one thing that might help save you is that the keyboard is somewhat "sealed" (I use the term loosely) as the keypad is one piece, and not multiple keys. Good thing you have the insurance though... I decided to pass on mine, and I hope I made the right choice.
    The rice is to absorb the moisture. The little packs in shoeboxes, beef jerky, other leather stuff contains silica gel, which doesn't taste quite as good as pre-fried rice, but your phone will probably thank you later for not making him into a culinery dish. If he lives after you tried to drown him!!! The horror, the horror.
    I came pretty close to losing my Pre in water, the day I got it. Long story, but the short of it is I ended up at the zoo that day.

They happened to have been developing a new sea lion show, which was in rehearsal right then. Because it was just a rehearsal, and not a real show, the audience wasn't required to stay seated. We were free to get up and move about. So I went right up to the railing, and started taking pictures on my Pre.

At one point, I caught myself leaning way out, with my arms extended, directly over the water. Smart, right? I could lose my grip on this slick little phone at any second, for any reason, and it would plummet straight to the bottom of a million gallon sea lion tank. I thought to myself, "What the **** am I doing?!" and I retracted my arms. Hopefully, I'll be smart enough never to do that kind of thing again.
    I came pretty close to losing my Pre in water, the day I got it. Long story, but the short of it is I ended up at the zoo that day.

They happened to have been developing a new sea lion show, which was in rehearsal right then. Because it was just a rehearsal, and not a real show, the audience wasn't required to stay seated. We were free to get up and move about. So I went right up to the railing, and started taking pictures on my Pre.

At one point, I caught myself leaning way out, with my arms extended, directly over the water. Smart, right? I could lose my grip on this slick little phone at any second, for any reason, and it would plummet straight to the bottom of a million gallon sea lion tank. I thought to myself, "What the **** am I doing?!" and I retracted my arms. Hopefully, I'll be smart enough never to do that kind of thing again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12