1.    #1  
    I notice that everytime I install Homebrew apps I have to go into NOVACOM and START the Service/driver.

Shouldn't it start automatically once I plug my Preinto to USB . I am in DEv mode. Pre is plugged in Just Charge, but everytime i go to drag the IPK file to install Bin I have to START Novacom before it will work.

Am I doing something wrong where Novacom doesn't start automatically?
    Mine works. Even though they say to stop it before disconnecting, no harm has come to my phone
    No because once you stop it througn services, you have to physically atart it again...AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $just$ $get$ $file$ $coaster$ $and$ $cut$ $the$ $computer$ $out$ $completely$.
  4.    #4  
    So maybe I shouldn't "STOP" it in the file system when safely removing the Pre, do i have to "STOP" Novacom before removing Pre safely?

Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    No because once you stop it througn services, you have to physically atart it again...AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $just$ $get$ $file$ $coaster$ $and$ $cut$ $the$ $computer$ $out$ $completely$.
    What is file coaster?
    Not to thread jack, but I'm confused; where do you get the driver in the first place? I was trying to install Filecoaster but the first time I tried DevMode I got a message that it couldn't find the driver.
    I never STOP the Novacom service and do not have any problems connecting, disconnecting, installing apps, etc.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    This might fix it:

1. Start
    2. Run
    3. Type in "msconfig" (without quotations)
    4. Go to services tab.
    5. Find Palm Novacom
    6. Select it if it's not selected.
    7. Click ok, and you'll have to restart.

Or try this:
    1. Press "Alt+Tab+Del"
    2. File --> New Task
    3. Type in novacomd.exe
    it works!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I never STOP the Novacom service and do not have any problems connecting, disconnecting, installing apps, etc.
    thanks I wont stop it anymore As long as Pre is plugged in as "Charge only" I don't need to stop it either.