View Poll Results: PimpMyPre or MyNotiifcations Which App

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • MyNotifications

39 75.00%
  • PimpMyPre

13 25.00%
  1.    #1  
    Whats the take on the options for chnaging/assigning different notifications?

Between these two Apps If you have used both which do you felel is better?

Also can PIMPMyPre be deleted? I read somewhere that there was trouble deleting this app?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    i haven't heard anything new about pimpmypre since 1.0.4 came out.
  3.    #3  
    I am just hesitant to install PimpMyPre I have the MyNotifications APP its Awesome!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    pimpmypre seems to have a few more tones that you can change, but the fact that you currently can't uninstall it is what made me choose mynotification
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I hope we get access to all the sound options: different sounds for sms, email (maybe different accounts even!), etc. Mynotification is a great start.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by roor View Post
    pimpmypre seems to have a few more tones that you can change, but the fact that you currently can't uninstall it is what made me choose mynotification
    Good point I am happy with MyNotifications Great APP, I do Not like apps that can't be uninstalled such as the Nascar App.

So I will wait on PimpMyPre until it can be uninstalled through the list view in the Launcher.
    I am a little worried about installing something that I can not get rid of as well. I would much rather wait for MyNotifications to continue to evolve so that we can change individual sounds. I can't wait for that.
    i installed Mynotifications last night prior to it i had been using PimpMypre, i liked the option to manage my ringtones+wallpaper from within 1 app..

i was able to uninstall PimpMypre without any issues, if it matters i had it prior to 1.04.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    PimpMyPre has a way cooler icon. Gets my vote.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    PimpMyPre has a way cooler icon. Gets my vote.
    thanks for your input! if i measured apps on cool icon factor then yes PMP would win, but function is more important. I have read that after update PMP can't be deleted from Apps list ( with swipe)
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    The functionality is really the same between the two. I use My Notification simply because of the names.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Where are you guys getting Mynotifications from? What does it do?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo77 View Post
    Where are you guys getting Mynotifications from? What does it do?
    Bebo -Not to be Rude but maybe you should do some reading or research, I replied to your same question in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo77 View Post
    Where are you getting additional apps from?
    HomeBrew forum
    Homebrew Apps

How to install Homebrew apps on Pre w/out rooting

Filecoaster-first-pre-gui-downloader-installer
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thanks Addie!... I have been looking in the App Catalog on the Pre.. but that is a JOKE!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have MyNotifications. It happened to be the first one I found and loaded. Didn't see a need to load another one.
    [QUOTE=Addie_Goodvibes;1784417]Good point I am happy with I do Not like apps that can't be uninstalled such as the Nascar App.

QUOTE]

I somehow managed to delete or get the apps deleted from my Pre. I dont have NFL mobile, Nascar or even Srint Nav. And all my bookmarks are gone..... I have to go home and use the WebOS Dr... hopefully it fixes the problem.