Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kpozan View Post
    Apparently, they all have a slight gap on the left side. I was very worried, and now I'm not as worried.

In my opinion, if money isn't an issue, I think the iPhone 3GS is a much better phone. The App Store is expansive and the new 3GS is lightning fast. Some people don't like the virtual keyboard, but after a week with my iPod Touch, I was fine. I type more quickly on my Touch than I do on my Pre. The Pre is laggy, whereas the iPhone 3GS isn't. The iPhone 3GS also has great battery life. My friend has one and is a heavy user. He can easily go a day without charging it, whereas on the Pre you might be in trouble. I would advise you to get the 3GS, unless: (a) the plan is too costly; or (b) you don't like the virtual keyboard.

That's my opinion. I love webOS, but the Pre as a physical phone isn't ready for prime time.

Just as a side note: for all of you that are wondering why I don't have an iPhone, the reason is because I'm a 23 year-old law student (poor) and am still on the family plan. My choice was between the Touch Diamond/Touch Pro (windows mobile = gross), the BlackBerry Tour (just got rid of the 8830) and the Pre. The Pre was the clear winner.
    Well, since I work at a law firm, I'd say that sounds much like many tales I've heard in court; an argument which accurately represents your client's version of the facts.

You're well on your way.
    Here are some of her posts in this thread. Do her arguments sound like they are based on solid evidence or the delusional thoughts of a raving and wildly-inappropriate forum member?
    Taken in context I have to say no they don't. I think you're letting your bias get the better of you and thus making a mountain out of a molehill.

I agree with the sentiment of her posts and that's all.
    Here are some of her posts in this thread. Do her arguments sound like they are based on solid evidence or the delusional thoughts of a raving and wildly-inappropriate forum member?
    I happen to agree with all her statements.

I keep seeing and hearing about this so called "oreo effect' and its really dumb.

Dont TWIST THE PHONE.. and it WONT TWIST. thats what I say.

Honestly Kpozan, from one of your posts, you sound like a iPhone fan.
    One thing is for sure, none of them have anything to to with the OP.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Taken in context I have to say no they don't. I think you're letting your bias get the better of you and thus making a mountain out of a molehill.

I agree with the sentiment of her posts and that's all.
    Taken in context? In her first post, she accused him, and then continued to rant in subsequent posts. I searched his posts to see if she was right. She is not. You can agree with something in spirit, but that doesn't mean you should condone the manner in which someone choses to advocate their point. I don't need to waive a gun around to prove that people are afraind of being shot.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    I happen to agree with all her statements.

I keep seeing and hearing about this so called "oreo effect' and its really dumb.

Dont TWIST THE PHONE.. and it WONT TWIST. thats what I say.

Honestly Kpozan, from one of your posts, you sound like a iPhone fan.

A. My phone twists when I use my thumb on the touchscreen. Am I not supposed to use the touchscreen?

B. I am a fan of the iPhone. Am I not allowed to be? Can I not like Porsches and Aston Martins at the same time? The iPhone is a better phone. Sure, the Pre can multitask, but the iPhone 3GS is actually faster than our phone when switching between applications. I think the iPhone is great. I also love the Pre.
    Taken in context? In her first post, she accused him, and then continued to rant in subsequent posts. I searched his posts to see if she was right. She is not. You can agree with something in spirit, but that doesn't mean you should condone the manner in which someone choses to advocate their point. I don't need to waive a gun around to prove that people are afraind of being shot.
    You searched his posts to see if she was right? About what? His inconsistences and subsequent packpeddling? I read the same threads you have. Sorry but she brought up excellent points IMO. His negative ramblings in the many threads I've had the misfortune of reading makes him seem like a troll. Like I said, your bias is blinding you. Is he paying you?
    Last edited by darreno1; 07/28/2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Grammar
    A. My phone twists when I use my thumb on the touchscreen. Am I not supposed to use the touchscreen?

B. I am a fan of the iPhone. Am I not allowed to be? Can I not like Porsches and Aston Martins at the same time? The iPhone is a better phone. Sure, the Pre can multitask, but the iPhone 3GS is actually faster than our phone when switching between applications. I think the iPhone is great. I also love the Pre.
    A co-worker at work has an Iphone 3gs and while it's quick, the Pre is still faster at multitasking when the apps are already loaded. I have to hit the home button and then swipe to whatever app. With the Iphone I have to hit the home button, swipe to to app page (if needed), then select the app. And if the app (like the memo) reguires the keyboard I have to tap again to get that. That's more steps to achieve the same result.

Also, you know you can get a 3g for $99 right? For you, is the Pre that much better that you'll pay $100 extra for it? Yeah I know you might want the 3gs but you said you couldn't afford it. Why not get the next best thing?
    Last edited by darreno1; 07/28/2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Grammar
    You searched his posts to see if she was right? About what? His inconsistences and subsequent packpeddling? I read the same threads you have. Sorry but she brought up excellent points IMO. His negative ramblings in the many threads I've had the misfortune of reading makes him seem like a troll. Like I said, your bias is blinding you. Is he paying you?
    Except that now you're the one whose backpedaling. Her point was not that he is a troll (which he may very well be, I don't know) but that he was an investor spy who had infiltrated the forums in order to post complaints and thereby artificially manipulate the stock price and drive it down.

So either you agree with her or you don't. Which is it?
    Apparently, this is never going to die.

Who cares if I have negative things to say about the Pre? Why should that make anyone suspicious? I'm just not afraid to accept the truth.

I can say plenty of good things about the Pre (I did buy 2 of them) but I was trying to make my point relative to the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Except that now you're the one whose backpedaling. Her point was not that he is a troll (which he may very well be, I don't know) but that he was an investor spy who had infiltrated the forums in order to post complaints and thereby artificially manipulate the stock price and drive it down.

So either you agree with her or you don't. Which is it?
    Her point was that he could be trolling for the sake of stock manipulation. That's how I read it. And I agreed that that's a possibility (which implies I don't know for sure). There is a difference. If you can post a link to the smoking gun do it. Maybe I missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Apparently, this is never going to die.

Who cares if I have negative things to say about the Pre? Why should that make anyone suspicious? I'm just not afraid to accept the truth.

I can say plenty of good things about the Pre (I did buy 2 of them) but I was trying to make my point relative to the OP.
    You don't have to say good things about the Pre. You can be critical without acting like a troll. You seem to repeat the same things in multiple threads. Sorry but some people will single you out when that keeps happening. Maybe you're not a troll, but just disgruntled. If that's the case, why keep the phone?
    You don't have to say good things about the Pre. You can be critical without acting like a troll. You seem to repeat the same things in multiple threads. Sorry but some people will single you out when that keeps happening. Maybe you're not a troll, but just disgruntled. If that's the case, why keep the phone?
    I'm actually on the fence. There are a lot of things that I love about the phone, but also a lot of things I miss about the BB. I'm trying to give it some more time, but I'm also having QC issues. I need to exchange my current one, but like the OP, I don't want to have to keep replacing this damn thing for stupid issues.
    What's wrong with your current pre?
    Well, let's all check the tape then:

07/22/2009, 12:32 AM
    On day 2 of owning my Pre and this thing is an oil magnet. I have phantom Skinz on the way and was wondering if people that have installed similar skins have noticed any reduction in oil streaks on the phone.
    07/23/2009, 05:58 PM
    I've noticed some discoloration ...white background.

I'm asking because I'm already on my second Pre and I don't want to spend the next few weeks returning Pre's only to find new problems. With my first Pre the top portion was crooked when the phone was closed and with my GF's first Pre the back speaker didn't work straight out of the box.

thoughts?
    07/23/2009, 06:43 PM
    oh well. The Pre is an awesome device but the QC is laughable. I have never had to exchange a cell phone, or hardly any electronics for that matter and I'm going to be going in for my 3rd exchange of the Pre.

Palm deserves bad press for putting out such a poor quality product.
    07/23/2009, 08:44 PM
    I've only had this one for a few days so maybe I'll give it a few weeks and see if it gets any worse.
    Forget about conspiracies - maybe there's a good explanation and it's all a misunderstanding, and maybe Sharon's a little passionate in her postings, but I think you have to admit that something's a little suspect.
    @GMoney: Didn't he already tell you that he bought 2 Pres originally? One for him and one for his girlfriend. It makes sense when you take that into account. Why is that so difficult for you?

You and Sharon just can't seem to grasp that some people might honestly have issues with the Pre's quality. To you it makes more sense that people that complain are some sort of spies intent of destroying Palm by infiltrating a web forum and I find that laughable.

I don't know what the motivation of SkinFlaps is or anyone else for that matter. But for you to insist that anyone that complains is part of some investor conspiracy is just silly and it makes you look like a nut.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    @GMoney: Didn't he already tell you that he bought 2 Pres originally? One for him and one for his girlfriend. It makes sense when you take that into account. Why is that so difficult for you?

You and Sharon just can't seem to grasp that some people might honestly have issues with the Pre's quality. To you it makes more sense that people that complain are some sort of spies intent of destroying Palm by infiltrating a web forum and I find that laughable.

I don't know what the motivation of SkinFlaps is or anyone else for that matter. But for you to insist that anyone that complains is part of some investor conspiracy is just silly and it makes you look like a nut.
    His explanation after the fact is very convenient don't you think?. Forums are notorious for people who exaggerate (and sometimes fabricate stories) to prove a point. In every instance he used the word my not mentioning his girlfriend once. I myself find that a little strange. But I can't prove he didn't buy one for his girlfriend so I'm left on the fence about that.

No one is denying there aren't any issues. But what I find laughable is the same folks whining over and over about quality issues, constantly mentioning the Iphone and how much better it is, (exchanging one Pre after another expecting some miracle phone) yet saying how much they love it??
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    A co-worker at work has an Iphone 3gs and while it's quick, the Pre is still faster at multitasking when the apps are already loaded. I have to hit the home button and then swipe to whatever app. With the Iphone I have to hit the home button, swipe to to app page (if needed), then select the app. And if the app (like the memo) reguires the keyboard I have to tap again to get that. That's more steps to achieve the same result.

Also, you know you can get a 3g for $99 right? For you, is the Pre that much better that you'll pay $100 extra for it? Yeah I know you might want the 3gs but you said you couldn't afford it. Why not get the next best thing?
    You have a good point. Depending on the application, it can take longer on the 3GS.

Also, it's not that the iPhone is too expensive, but that I'm fortunate enough to still be on the family plan. I really like the Pre for webOS, but I'm still not in love with the actual device.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Her point was that he could be trolling for the sake of stock manipulation. That's how I read it. And I agreed that that's a possibility (which implies I don't know for sure). There is a difference. If you can post a link to the smoking gun do it. Maybe I missed it.
    You don't make statements like that unless you are accusing someone, and it's clear that the purpose of her statements was to accuse him. Very clear.

To reiterate, my point is this: her posts were too passionate, too quickly. She went completely off topic. She could have sent him a PM about it. She didn't handle the situation in an appropriate way.
    Last edited by kpozan; 07/29/2009 at 08:32 AM.
    I'm very happy with the phone, also. However, it makes me nervous that the phone does not feel very sturdy. I searched Google to see if there were issues with other sliders, but I came up empty-handed each time. When I searched for issues with the Pre sliding mechanism, I came up with an alarming amount of results. This worries me.

In general, I love webOS (coming from a BlackBerry, webOS is king), but the phone just seems like junk. Yes, it is a first generation device, but so was the Touch Pro and the G1, and there aren't a multitude of complaints about the sliding mechanism on either of those phones, or the build quality in general. Doesn't this bother anyone else? It sure doesn't make me happy.

Also, as a side note, my phone was produced on July 13.
    I wouldnt put much thought into the google searches. It's probably because the Pre is more high profile than previous sliders. Not that I don't think the slider issue doesn't exist because it does. I exchanged my first phone for sturdier one.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast