Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    You keep saying things that don't make sense. What story can't I keep straight?
    Oh cut the innocent victim act and read the link I posted if you haven't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Oh cut the innocent victim act and read the link I posted if you haven't already.
    The reason you think I'm a liar is because even though you were obsessed with reading my previous threads, apparently you didn't read them all. Everything I said makes sense given the fact that I bought TWO pre's at the same time (one for me and one for my GF). We both has separate issues with out first Pre's and both had to be exchanged. Now I am having a separate issue with my current one and was considering exchanging for my 3rd Pre.

So, that being said, would you like to continue this charade of making false accusations?

BTW, what could you possibly have to gain by trying to prove that people are liars (of which I am not)? These people looking for constructive advice.

You need to stay off the forums and go find a better way to spend your time.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Well that may have to do with the fact that when Apple did build products with moving parts, like my old iBook, they were total hunk-a-junks. Everything that moved on that thing felt like crap. After months of system lock-ups and me pulling the battery to restart, the cheesey battery clip broke and I had to duct-tape the battery on - since the Mac "genius" told me it would cost me $150 to fix as they'd have to take the entire machine apart to simply fix the battery clip.

The only other moving part was the battery drawer that felt like paper mâché every time I was brave enough to open it. It's no wonder you can't remove a battery, they're slot-loading, and every product they build is a brick with one (or no) buttons.

There's a price to be paid (in a number of ways) for "built like a rock".
    On a side note, mine has the removable battery, but I would rather it not have the removable battery. You can get 8 hours without the removable battery! That's remarkable! Who carries around spare batteries anyway? Hardly anyone. Or you can buy a charger that works on an airplane. They make them. I own one. I use it every time I travel.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I've noticed the same, most of the movement on mine comes from the battery door. The stock back is actually more firm.
    Really? Mine twists in the front, and it has nothing to do with the battery door, or the bottom half for that matter. That's disappointing though considering I just ordered the Touchstone kit 5 hours ago...uuf
    Quote Originally Posted by kpozan View Post
    On a side note, mine has the removable battery, but I would rather it not have the removable battery. You can get 8 hours without the removable battery! That's remarkable! Who carries around spare batteries anyway? Hardly anyone. Or you can buy a charger that works on an airplane. They make them. I own one. I use it every time I travel.
    batteries can go bad over time. It's nice to be able to order a new battery and put it in yourself.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So all of you are obsessing about the future and "what ifs" when everything is basically fine right now except for ?#? millimeters of play? LOL

I stick with my diagnosis of neurotic.
    Purchasing a product such as a phone, computer or television is an investment. If you went and purchased 100 shares in Google, wouldn't you care if Android does well in the future? Same idea here except "Android" is the rails on the Pre. Pretty simple concept. Difficult for you to grasp, apparently.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    batteries can go bad over time. It's nice to be able to order a new battery and put it in yourself.
    I live in a major city. The cost to replace the battery is the same as it was when it was removable, and I'm sure you can convince the Apple tech guys to give your computer the once over (for free) when they replace the battery. That would be a bonus in my book. Personally, I have no problem walking down the block to the Apple Store. 8 hours is a wicked battery life. I would give up my 5 hour removable battery for that in a second. P.S. I looooove my Unibody MacBook Pro. I have Windows 7 on it for school (we're required to takes tests on a program that runs on Windows). It's the best laptop I've ever owned.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    A little twist is good for shock absorbing. Too much twist is good for milk dunking.
    Sorry, but a Pre is not like my Colt 1911A1 .45 ACP designed to tolerate a little sand/grit/grime and still be able to function.

The oreo effect is bad manufacturing. I expect quality for my money. And with a 1911, I know it will fire... I am not so sure my Pre will work when absolutely necessary.

PS: my grips are with the hardware, not the OS.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Not all airplanes have charge ports (try finding one on ANY SWA plane), and even with my BB, with a battery that would normally last a couple of days, on more than one occassion I found myself sitting some place without enough juice to make a call and wishing I had bought an extra. And as I will no longer be carrying an iPod for music, and the Pre does turn by turn Nav (for use in the rental car), and I actually use it for Web browsing (NEVER did on the BB), and food finding, and stock watching, and news checking, et cetera, et cetera - there's a spare battery sitting in my shopping cart at Amazon, just waiting for some other purchase to justify the shipping.
    yeah I have a slight twist but the phone is great otherwise. I had to return mine because of a bad headphone jack.

The first one didn't twist at all, or at least I wasn't paying that much attention at the time, until I read all about the twist and oreo's.

I'd say find people with Pre's and let them show you theirs and also look at the ones on display at the Sprint stores and test them all out and compare it to what you have.

Remember, if it's so same a twist, they might not agree to exchange it for you.

And you might end up with something worse.

Just compare it to a few others Pre's you can find. Then I think you will know for sure if you have a real problem or not.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Really? Mine twists in the front, and it has nothing to do with the battery door, or the bottom half for that matter. That's disappointing though considering I just ordered the Touchstone kit 5 hours ago...uuf
    They all have some play in the front. The point is if you don't pay good attention, at least some of what you may perceive as a twisiting slider may be coming from the battery cover. That was definitely the case with mine.

It might be a big deal to you, but I don't much care about the play in the battery cover.
    This site has a combination of massive anal retentives and those with nefarious purposes.
    Don't forget paranoids.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    The reason you think I'm a liar is because even though you were obsessed with reading my previous threads, apparently you didn't read them all. Everything I said makes sense given the fact that I bought TWO pre's at the same time (one for me and one for my GF). We both has separate issues with out first Pre's and both had to be exchanged. Now I am having a separate issue with my current one and was considering exchanging for my 3rd Pre.

So, that being said, would you like to continue this charade of making false accusations?

BTW, what could you possibly have to gain by trying to prove that people are liars (of which I am not)? These people looking for constructive advice.

You need to stay off the forums and go find a better way to spend your time.
    Nobody here believes that everyone on this forum is looking for constructive advice. Yeah, I read all your posts to determine your motive. At the time there weren't that many because you appeared the same day as that analyst's negative call on Palm due to the poll on this site. It's undoubtedly suspect and your time line and posts don't add up.

I'm not the one involved with a charade.

Stock Market Manipulation Schemes
    These are also called investment schemes online. Criminals use these to try to manipulate securities prices on the market, for their personal profit. According to enforcement officials of the Securities and Exchange Commission...

...Short-selling or “scalping” schemes

This scheme takes a similar approach to the “pump-and-dump” scheme, by disseminating false or fraudulent information through chat rooms, forums, internet boards and via email (spamming), but this time with the purpose of causing dramatic price decreases in a specific company’s stock. Once the stock reaches a certain low level, criminals buy the stock or options on the stock, and then reverse the false information or just wait for it to wear off with time or to be disproved by the company or the media. Once the stock goes back to its normal level, the criminal sells the stock or option at a profit.

Stock Market Manipulation Schemes : InternetScamsExposed.com
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Not all airplanes have charge ports (try finding one on ANY SWA plane), and even with my BB, with a battery that would normally last a couple of days, on more than one occassion I found myself sitting some place without enough juice to make a call and wishing I had bought an extra. And as I will no longer be carrying an iPod for music, and the Pre does turn by turn Nav (for use in the rental car), and I actually use it for Web browsing (NEVER did on the BB), and food finding, and stock watching, and news checking, et cetera, et cetera - there's a spare battery sitting in my shopping cart at Amazon, just waiting for some other purchase to justify the shipping.
    Oh, I absolutely want one for the Pre. The battery life is putrid. We were talking about the removable vs. non-removable batter for the Unibody MacBook Pro. Laptops on average get 3 hours of battery life. The Unibody MacBook Pro with a removable battery averages 4.5 hours (I own it, and that's what I get), and the new Unibody MacBook Pro without a removable battery get 8 hours. For a laptop, that's amazing.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Nobody here believes that everyone on this forum is looking for constructive advice. Yeah, I read all your posts to determine your motive. At the time there weren't that many because you appeared the same day as that analyst's negative call on Palm due to the poll on this site. It's undoubtedly suspect and your time line and posts don't add up.

I'm not the one involved with a charade.
    Laughable.

You're posts are as entertaining as the homeless people that mock drunk people outside of bars in Chicago.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Or any city for that matter.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    And aren't you glad to be done with your BlackBerry? I know I am!
    Laughable.

You're posts are as entertaining as the homeless people that mock drunk people outside of bars in Chicago.
    Actually considering the amount of trolls in here lately, it makes quite a bit of sense. I think there are more trolls here than actual Pre owners.
    Oh, I absolutely want one for the Pre. The battery life is putrid. We were talking about the removable vs. non-removable batter for the Unibody MacBook Pro. Laptops on average get 3 hours of battery life. The Unibody MacBook Pro with a removable battery averages 4.5 hours (I own it, and that's what I get), and the new Unibody MacBook Pro without a removable battery get 8 hours. For a laptop, that's amazing.
    Not sure why we are discussing this here but my Thinkpad x200 gets nearly 9 hours from its removable battery.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Not sure why we are discussing this here but my Thinkpad x200 gets nearly 9 hours from its removable battery.
    Possibly, but it's like a netbook compared to my computer. It's a different computer altogether. Smaller. Less power. The Unibody MacBook Pro has a larger processor, faster memory, better graphics card, etc.

ThinkPads are the only PC I'd ever purchase, but the x200 in particular is really not in the same league as the 15" Unibody MacBook Pro. It just serves a different purpose, theoretically.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast