Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    ^^Of course they do, any reasonable thinking person would realize this. But that won't stop another thread on the same issue from appearing tomorrow. Folks, they ALL twist a little, it's the nature of beast. Only if the twist is too excessive would exchanging it make a difference.

THEY ALL TWIST A LITTLE!
    This site has a combination of massive anal retentives and those with nefarious purposes.

I've never seen "a little play" get so much freakin' attention. And, yes, I realize some Pres have more than they should, but this is getting ridiculous. It's becoming like suggestive hypnosis. Plant the suggestion and everyone gets paranoid about their own phones.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    This site has a combination of massive anal retentives and those with nefarious purposes.

I've never seen "a little play" get so much freakin' attention. And, yes, I realize some Pres have more than they should, but this is getting ridiculous. It's becoming like suggestive hypnosis. Plant the suggestion and everyone gets paranoid about their own phones.
    There is no doubt that the build quality is a problem on the palm pre. The hardware is horrid, nuff said. It's nice to know that users have a place to gather and talk about the issues. yes, some people are anal. but when you pay good money for a topnotch phone, i think everyone has the right to be a little anal.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roor View Post
    There is no doubt that the build quality is a problem on the palm pre. The hardware is horrid, nuff said. It's nice to know that users have a place to gather and talk about the issues. yes, some people are anal. but when you pay good money for a topnotch phone, i think everyone has the right to be a little anal.
    People are talking freakin' millimeters! Some people are questioning whether a single millimeter is too much play?!?! That's whacked. That's neurotic.

With all this talk about the "play," I've never seen anyone mention how that affects performance.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    lol thats because it doesn't (yet), its just a concern for later down the road. If it has this much play now, how much worse will it get after using the phone for 3 months.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    lol thats because it doesn't (yet), its just a concern for later down the road. If it has this much play now, how much worse will it get after using the phone for 3 months.
    So all of you are obsessing about the future and "what ifs" when everything is basically fine right now except for ?#? millimeters of play? LOL

I stick with my diagnosis of neurotic.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    BTW, my comment about starting a thread to discuss the oreo effect of the battery cover was completely sarcastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    BTW, my comment about starting a thread to discuss the oreo effect of the battery cover was completely sarcastic.
    LOL @ explaining sarcasm.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    So all of you are obsessing about the future and "what ifs" when everything is basically fine right now except for ?#? millimeters of play? LOL

I stick with my diagnosis of neurotic.
    my pre is perfectly fine, other than the clicks i get from my gap issue. i'm not worried about my pre when it comes to the oreo issue, but i totally understand where other people are coming from when they post about questions regarding the quality of their phone.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    LOL @ explaining sarcasm.
    Yeah, you'd think I'd learn.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    So how's that workin' for ya?
    And I see you're at it, again, liar. You're pretty shameless, huh? Figure you can keep passing off and get lost in the sauce of this big forum.
    not sure what you're getting at here?
    Ok according to you the build quality is horrid. I don't agree but I'll go with that just for the sake of making a point. My question is: what good is whining about it over and over? Is Palm going to build a 'better' one just for you after reading your multiple posts? No, I'm sure they already know how people feel about the product and will more than likely improve upon it in the future. The point is you gain nothing by crying about it over and over. Either learn to live with it, possibly 'fix' it to your liking, or switch to something else and come back when they build one to suit you. It's one of those things you have no real control over.

I agree it's expensive and some might feel it should be near perfect. Well, you should've checked that out thoroughly before purchasing it. They had them on displays at every outlet that sold them. And every single one I held had that slight twist.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    not sure what you're getting at here?
    Yeah, right.
    Yeah, right.
    seriously, enlighten me. I'm not being sarcastic.

It seems that you have a problem with me giving my honest opinion. I've never been "that guy" on the forum that bashes the Pre. I've always been the guy not afraid to talk about the bad along with the good.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    lol Sharon I get your point, however I don't quite understand why you are targeting me. All i've done is ask questions, as well as offer feedback. I've posted multiple times about how much i love this phone for what it is.

edit: i just realized that it was darreno, not sharon. my apologies.
    Last edited by roor; 07/27/2009 at 10:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    seriously, enlighten me. I'm not being sarcastic.

It seems that you have a problem with me giving my honest opinion. I've never been "that guy" on the forum that bashes the Pre. I've always been the guy not afraid to talk about the bad along with the good.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1777178

You're a playa. You can't even keep your story straight.
    lol Sharon I get your point, however I don't quite understand why you are targeting me. All i've done is ask questions, as well as offer feedback.
    roor, don't take it personally. I have learned very fast that Pre fanboys are just as hardcore as iPhone fanboys. Difference is, iPhone fanboys are elitists and Pre fanboys are just flat out a-holes.

I agree 100% with your statements about build quality of the phone. It is sub-par. Anyone who argues otherwise is just in denial.

As for Sharon, I think she just likes to argue...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    lol Sharon I get your point, however I don't quite understand why you are targeting me. All i've done is ask questions, as well as offer feedback. I've posted multiple times about how much i love this phone for what it is.
    Sweetie, I was by no means targeting "you" per se. Seriously, if I were, you'd know it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1777178

You're a playa. You can't even keep your story straight.
    You keep saying things that don't make sense. What story can't I keep straight?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I'm am surprised at how many people wonder if 1mm of play is to much. But if they never had a slider phone and get the Pre i can see why they would if its normal. More so when they start hitting Pre forums or palm's forum and see tons of threads on the issue which snowballs from a few with phones with more play and start freaking out if the play they have is normal.

As far as if it's something to worry about in the long term thats why i say get the insurance, then theres no real need to worry.

and atleast when people do talk about how much play their phones have they use the metric system, not the ****ty Imperial/American system. Time for us to get with the rest of the world.

Some people here would go nuts at my job. We engineer/machine to tolerances within microns
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast