Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I been using google voice for a few weeks now and its great I just hope when it go public they don't start charging. I use it for mainly text because I don't want all these people I meet to have my new number and if anybody start playing with me by calling my google voice over and over I can just block them easy. I can pick which contacts I want to ring and which ones I don't. I can also turn call forwarding off so my cell phone don't ring when I'm with my girlfriend.

I also signed my friend up because her house number don't have free outgoing long distance and she picked a local number for her google voice now she can call me using that.

If you need a google voice sign up asap because my people been getting there invite a week later.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, and I'm sure this has been asked before, but Google Voice seems pretty useless to me unless it does VoIP calls. Is this possible to do on the pre over the data network?
    It's extremely useful if you have Sprint's Pick 3/5. With your Google Voice number as one of them, you receive free incoming and outgoing calls.

Pick 3/5 is very easy to get. PM me if you want to read my experience.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I just got my first Sprint bill and apparently did not do my due diligence when trying to set up Callwave. So I got charged the twenty cents forwarding fee.

I am hoping to be able to use Google Voice the way I use Callwave...get text messages about voice mails (who called and how long the message is...I used to get a rough transcription...but they charge for that now).

I would love to be able to port my number and then use Google Voice like YouMail (which I used to use)...mainly because I LOVED Ditchmail. Don't want to talk to someone? If you "ditch" them they can't even leave a message!!! Gotta love it! And YouMail has really cool greetings you can use.

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Quote Originally Posted by thechosenfew88 View Post
    Call customer service( I would say retentions but I don't know the direct number), and have them transfer you to Account Services/Retentions Dept. Tell them that you are thinking about cancelling your service due to what Verizon has with a pick # on any network. They will research and see that they can offer that to you, on all lines as well. I simply called and told them I wanted Pick 3 added to my account, and they did so. ;-) So you can choose what you want to tell them in order to get it.
    You don't havwe to lie. Just tell them you want this pick 3/5 you keep hearing about and how you can get it. They do not offer it as a payment plan, it's free so just ask them to add it in.

So far, I have blokced one number who i went out with on a sort of blind date. They were heavier than what they say they did, is all I'm gonna say.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paz00kie View Post
    I love it AND hate it...this is my issue..
    i got the 3 free #'s and put one of them as my google number (someone mentioned that here) and what i did was follow this link
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...oice-hack.html
    and i can dial any number (by tapping 000 first)and it automatically dials my google # and inputs my pin (if enabled) and dials passed prompts if i need to (voicemail and stuff) or if i dial from global search or contacts it will auto dial google and input the # and keypresses).... BUT i have had SUCH A PROBLEM when using gv to dial..about 60% of the time it RINGS and it SHOULDNT and when it rings that offsets the timed keypresses set up on the pre..and if i let it ring itl give me an automated error message of the sort. AND i forwarded my business line to my google # and i have had many complaints from clients saying they get a "all circuits busy" message alot and i get ALOT of blank voicemails and 1 or 2 second rings leaving me not enough time to anser my cell (which gv fowards too)...the later problem i think is because i have gv dial my business line and when someone calls it, it fowards to my gv # which in turn dials my cells AND my business line so i think that may be the problem with the circuit busy junk but having to go back into global search and dial the contact about 3 or 4 times sometimes to get it to go through to google voice is rediculous...
    First, the hack was what was necessary before there were any apps for google voice. If you check the homebrew app section there are two apps you can use to complete a call with your gv number without having to modify your dialpad app.

The reason your having an issue with fowarding is because thats not really how gv should be used. I'm not saying that you can't foward calls to your gv number but it just leads to your phone ringing 10 times before it goes to voicemail and people will more than likely just hang up.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    It's extremely useful if you have Sprint's Pick 3/5. With your Google Voice number as one of them, you receive free incoming and outgoing calls.

Pick 3/5 is very easy to get. PM me if you want to read my experience.
    Didn't think of that. Thanks!
    I cannot wait to get ahold of GV just to use it! I have my Smartphone and a i9.. i9 is never in use because nobody has the number.. But if I had GV and was going out and didnt want to lug around my smartphone.. I could easily put it down for a couple hours and take my i9 without worrying about missing a call or a txt. I want to try it.. Wish I got the invite.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234