Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    After reading through some of the posts here, I thought I would chime in

I've had my Google Voice account now for a couple of weeks, and i have to admit I absolutely love what it can do. For one it's nice to have one Phone # that will ring to all the phones I have setup on it. Certainly a really convenient feature and only having to give out one number.

The Contact Management Features are great! Since I usually need to be accessible to Clients from Work, when I'm out of the office. I just forward my office line to my Google Account, which has all my work Contacts (I was able to Upload all of them from my Address Book at work). Since I have all those Contacts stored there, the caller is easily identified. I've also established different Voice Mail Greetings for my personal and work contacts. So if I have the Contact setup, the applicable Voice Mail Greeting will get used.

With the Pre's ability to synch with my Contacts in Google, it makes updating Contacts on my phone a breeze (I just manage everything in Google Voice, and it will update on my cellphone). It makes it a lot easier managing Contacts in one place.

The Voice Mail options are also great. Having the ability to assign specific greetings for specific contacts, and using the Voicemail at GV as my main voicemail, giving me the ability to review messages online (or via the Pre's web browser using the GV mobile site), and having the ability to send a text message or email to me when a new voicemail is left. The only feature that seems to need some work, is the transcription of voice mails to text. I often get a lot of gibberish in the transcription, but usually can get the gist of what the voicemail is about, without actually having to listen to it.

All in all it's a free number/voicemail to use, which gives you a lot of features the regular phone company will charge you for (e.g Conferencing, Caller ID, etc). Also the rates on calls overseas are extremely reasonable.
    I give my google number out on dates so I can screen calls if or when the date turn out to be a crazy
    Just Got my Goggle Voice number set up..
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Just Got my Goggle Voice number set up..
    Is everything working fine?
    Sanyo Katana***Blackberry Curve 8330***HTC Touch Diamond***Palm Pre!
    Evo 4G

"In order to change, you have to go through some changes."
    I was told something very interesting this morning as I added Pick 3 to my account. The CS rep stated that this only works on outgoing calls to the numbers that you pick and NOT incoming. Is this true, has anyone else heard different?
    I got it just so I could grab a good number and have it to give out. So far I haven't had many people call it because the vast majority of my calls are friends/family dialing my cell from their contacts list. Still, I have started giving it out and it will be great for any side business or other situation where I need to give out my number. I can have it ring my Pre and work phone and if we were waiting for a friend to call I could have it ring both my phone and my girlfriend's so someone would get it.

Also my GV number spells something funny. Not posting because I've seen what forum goons will do with personal info when they find it
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I was told something very interesting this morning as I added Pick 3 to my account. The CS rep stated that this only works on outgoing calls to the numbers that you pick and NOT incoming. Is this true, has anyone else heard different?
    I heard different and my Sprint usage page indicates differently. All incoming and outgoing calls from/to my Pick 5 numbers are considered Mobile-2-Home minutes.

Have some of your Pick 3 contacts call you and go online to see if it's counted as anytime minutes or not.
    I haven't had any incoming calls from my pick 3 take away from my anytime minutes. I was never told that either when I got pick 3 set up on all my lines on the account.
    Evo 4G

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    How do you get these "pick #" options?
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Call customer service( I would say retentions but I don't know the direct number), and have them transfer you to Account Services/Retentions Dept. Tell them that you are thinking about cancelling your service due to what Verizon has with a pick # on any network. They will research and see that they can offer that to you, on all lines as well. I simply called and told them I wanted Pick 3 added to my account, and they did so. ;-) So you can choose what you want to tell them in order to get it.
    Evo 4G

Sent you a PM.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Oh ok, thanks. I thought it was part of a normal plan. I'm not going to try it since I already got a free airave and service, plus a 25% discount. I'm not going to push my luck with retentions until I am ready to leave or new contract time comes around.
    Oh ok, thanks. I thought it was part of a normal plan. I'm not going to try it since I already got a free airave and service, plus a 25% discount. I'm not going to push my luck with retentions until I am ready to leave or new contract time comes around.
    Just do what I did, call and ask them about it. Don't tell them that you are thinking about leaving Sprint. You just simply want to know if they have something called pick 3, and see if they can add it to your account. Nothings beats a try! ;-)
    Last edited by thechosenfew88; 07/31/2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: left out a word
    Evo 4G

i posted this earlier but keep an eye out for your free Google Voice Cards that google is giving away!... it will be in your inbox underneath your .10 cent balance!
    Google Voice is the wave of the future
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runawayq View Post
    i posted this earlier but keep an eye out for your free Google Voice Cards that google is giving away!... it will be in your inbox underneath your .10 cent balance!
    What is a google voice card?
    What is a google voice card?
    Business card with your Google Voice number printed on it.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Think of it as a another free number you can use. Perhaps you're trying to start up a side business, instead of using your work number, or cell number you can use your GV number. Create a business like greeting so when people leave vm it will appear professional.
    I use it for bill collectors and work
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I love it AND hate it...this is my issue..
    i got the 3 free #'s and put one of them as my google number (someone mentioned that here) and what i did was follow this link
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...oice-hack.html
    and i can dial any number (by tapping 000 first)and it automatically dials my google # and inputs my pin (if enabled) and dials passed prompts if i need to (voicemail and stuff) or if i dial from global search or contacts it will auto dial google and input the # and keypresses).... BUT i have had SUCH A PROBLEM when using gv to dial..about 60% of the time it RINGS and it SHOULDNT and when it rings that offsets the timed keypresses set up on the pre..and if i let it ring itl give me an automated error message of the sort. AND i forwarded my business line to my google # and i have had many complaints from clients saying they get a "all circuits busy" message alot and i get ALOT of blank voicemails and 1 or 2 second rings leaving me not enough time to anser my cell (which gv fowards too)...the later problem i think is because i have gv dial my business line and when someone calls it, it fowards to my gv # which in turn dials my cells AND my business line so i think that may be the problem with the circuit busy junk but having to go back into global search and dial the contact about 3 or 4 times sometimes to get it to go through to google voice is rediculous...
  20.    #60  
    OK so I've had Google Voice for a few days now, and with the GDialPro App in the homebrew section, I was able to see how cool and useful this service is.

With the Application, it's like having two lines in one phone, something which I just KNOW it will come in handy at some point, whether that's for good or bad hehe..

But yea, now I get it, and even though I don't have much use for it as I'm not a business owner or something like that, I definitely appreciate what it offers.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast