1.    #1  
    For all those who are waiting for the Pre to be released on Verizon it looks like this is soon to become a reality.

Reasons why Verizon users will be better off waiting for the Pre to hit Verizon.

The Pre will most likely have most if not all its major Bugs fixed, There will most likely be lots of Apps to chose from, also there may possibly be a 2nd generation Pre released in 2010.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Ummm.... Verizon is not a GSM network
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by defdrums View Post
    Ummm.... Verizon is not a GSM network
    Edited Thanks! either way Verizon will be getting Pre
    Okee. Sprint and Verizon are roaming partners, ie same voice coverage. The Pre will likely be neutered by Verizon.

I never had a bad coverage day with Verizon, nor have I in the two years with Sprint.

As for apps/bug fixes, I may have to wade through the updates, but I will emerge at the end with a cheaper bill than I personally would have had through Verizon.

Seems to me that the reasons to wait don't out-weigh the reasons to jump aboard the Sprint train.

(Verizon is great, but not for the Pre)
    Yea and could be minus Palms apps....have you not been following up with Verizon only wanting to allow their apps...or atleast make it extremely difficult to add non Verizon apps?

I never understood why Verizon would even want to cripple a phone? Probably why Apple does not want to go over to Verizon, too much of a power struggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    For all those who are waiting for the Pre to be released on Verizon it looks like this is soon to become a reality.

Reasons why Verizon users will be better off waiting for the Pre to hit Verizon.

The Pre will most likely have most if not all its major Bugs fixed, There will most likely be lots of Apps to chose from, also there may possibly be a 2nd generation Pre released in 2010.
    Verizon to its smartphones: thou shalt have no other app store before mine

Verizon Mandates Their Own App Stores on Future Devices

http://www.precentral.net/verizon-pl...rs-not-invited

I will stick with Sprint thank you
    who know what verizon will do
    probably find a way to stop homebrew and root!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Yea and could be minus Palms apps....have you not been following up with Verizon only wanting to allow their apps...or atleast make it extremely difficult to add non Verizon apps?

I never understood why Verizon would even want to cripple a phone? Probably why Apple does not want to go over to Verizon, too much of a power struggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13
    I will stick with Sprint thank you
    who know what verizon will do
    probably find a way to stop homebrew and root!!!
    Good Point guys! I didn't consider this. This post is turning out to be interesting eye opener.

The Biggest reason for me choosing the Pre is it's open source capability. The iPhone Can't touch the Pre in this respect. If Verizon tries to Neuter it then Verizon is limiting the Pre's full functional ability and major selling point. It will kill the Pre's appeal IMO
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    It's hard to move to another carrier when Sprint's everything data plan is sooooo affordable.