Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71
  1. S4Rs's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
       #1  
    Dear Palm,

    This is your 4th update and your first major update. For the love of good I am sick of text messaging landlines. For those that are unaware, if I do a global search for a contact, when his/her info comes up, if that individual has a home phone number, and a mobile phone number, if I select SMS on the mobile number, when it brings up the chat app, the home phone number is selected. You can only see this though you hit the TEXT button on the top right. This is annoying.

    Please note that this would also only happens under certain circumstances. You need to type a persons name in the universal search, that person needs to be the only person that appears, and also at person needs to have the home phone number highlighted blue when you select the mobile phone numbers sms icon. The highlighted number is always the one that appears first, but i dont know what dictates which number appears first. Its different for all my contacts, and i cant see a pattern. Its not the first number entered for a contact and all mine come synced from Google contacts.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    Dear Palm,

    This is your 4th update and your first major update. For the love of good I am sick of text messaging landlines. For those that are unaware, if I do a global search for a contact, when his/her info comes up, if that individual has a home phone number, and a mobile phone number, if I select SMS on the mobile number, when it brings up the chat app, the home phone number is selected. You can only see this though you hit the TEXT button on the top right. This is annoying.

    Please note that this would also only happens under certain circumstances. You need to type a persons name in the universal search, that person needs to be the only person that appears, and also at person needs to have the home phone number highlighted blue when you select the mobile phone numbers sms icon. The highlighted number is always the one that appears first, but i dont know what dictates which number appears first. Its different for all my contacts, and i cant see a pattern. Its not the first number entered for a contact and all mine come synced from Google contacts.
    not sure if anybody else has this problem......but i dont have any of those problems
  3. #3  
    i cant duplicate this issue
  4. capp81's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    Dear Palm,

    This is your 4th update and your first major update. For the love of good I am sick of text messaging landlines. For those that are unaware, if I do a global search for a contact, when his/her info comes up, if that individual has a home phone number, and a mobile phone number, if I select SMS on the mobile number, when it brings up the chat app, the home phone number is selected. You can only see this though you hit the TEXT button on the top right. This is annoying.

    Please note that this would also only happens under certain circumstances. You need to type a persons name in the universal search, that person needs to be the only person that appears, and also at person needs to have the home phone number highlighted blue when you select the mobile phone numbers sms icon. The highlighted number is always the one that appears first, but i dont know what dictates which number appears first. Its different for all my contacts, and i cant see a pattern. Its not the first number entered for a contact and all mine come synced from Google contacts.
    Is it really a bug? Sprint actual allows you to text to a landline phone number.
  5. #5  
    Doesnt happen to me...user error maybe?
  6. #6  
    Concur.
  7. JFGABEL's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #7  
    It has happened to me, but if you double check the text button in the upper right hand corner before you send you won't have the issue. However, I agree if you select the txt option under the contact it should only select the mobile numbers associated with the contact.
  8. #8  
    I agree. I think this is by design. Just make sure you're sending the text to the right number.

    Anyway, I have over 400 contacts on my phone and no matter how hard I tried, I'm unable to reproduce.
  9. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #9  
    I can't duplicate either. And I tried. Left the 1st number highlighted and only touched the mobile SMS. Checked and all was good.

    The Text To Landline feature is fun sometimes. Last time I used it I got a text with a link to go change the voice to a celebrity voice. It's funny, and cool.
  10. Nesta's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #10  
    Sprint has a service that lets you text landlines. I remember them promiting it soem time back. The person on the other end will hear the text read alod by a computerized voice. I don't think Sprint will turn that off. You need to be more careful.
  11. #11  
    Time Warner cables digital phone and Caller ID On TV Feature has allowed me to TXT my mom thru her Landline so she can see it on her TV.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  12. #12  
    I've had the same problem. I have texted peoples landlines by accident several times. Now I have just learned to be more careful
    There is no spoon
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Time Warner cables digital phone and Caller ID On TV Feature has allowed me to TXT my mom thru her Landline so she can see it on her TV.
    Neat!
  14. #14  
    I've also accidentally texted my wifes work phone because it didn't default to her mobile phone.
  15. brewzer's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #15  
    People still use landlines?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by brewzer View Post
    people still use landlines?
    barbaric!!!
  17. #17  
    .... proof read ever do we? Just check what you are doing. Takes two seconds.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I agree. I think this is by design. Just make sure you're sending the text to the right number.

    Anyway, I have over 400 contacts on my phone and no matter how hard I tried, I'm unable to reproduce.
    Ditto. Unable to replicate.

    By the way, kinda wierded me out to not see the shades pic for your avatar.
  19. #19  
    I had the problem a few times with just one contact when I first got the phone, I think because Synergy confused the landline and mobile for that contact. After it happened a few times I went in and re-entered the "home," "mobile," etc., labels for each number for that contact, and the problem went away. I suspect it is (was?) a minor Synergy bug.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    Dear Palm,

    For the love of good I am sick of text messaging landlines.
    I by mistake sent a text to my co-workers landline, Pre sent me notification referencing text to land line and My coworker received an automated voice playback of the text. I think its a great feature.

    I make it a point to double check the number before I send again.


    Those who can't duplicate it, just send a TYext to your landline home phone, then check your messages.

    I like this feature yes it can be annoying if I mistakenly chose the wrong number in a contact.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions