Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Those who can't duplicate it, just send a TYext to your landline home phone, then check your messages.[/B]
    I can't do that I don't have a landline for home. I have a prepaid cell number for my home number. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Is it just me, or do the screen shots show the reverse of what was stated?
    LoL yes , in my post i was giving an example off the top of my head... again its not limited to home mobile work... universal contact search reverses everything
    I actually had this issue when I first picked the phone up back in July. I tried to text my wife's mobile and it went to her work number. I actually did press the SMS button next to her mobile number but when the messaging app opened, the work number was selected. I haven't had the issue recently.
    I had this happen to me once and had no idea how/what/when/why until reading this thread!

I was NOT using the universal search. I was in the middle of a text conversation and probably had exchanged replies about 10 times. Never closed the text msg app or anything like that. Saw the next msg come through and all i did was type my reply and hit the little Paper Airplane button.

I get this message back about confirming my usage of the Text to Phone app. Never saw it again even though we continued to text msg and haven't seen it since.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major.Malfunction View Post
    I had this happen to me once and had no idea how/what/when/why until reading this thread!

I was NOT using the universal search. I was in the middle of a text conversation and probably had exchanged replies about 10 times. Never closed the text msg app or anything like that. Saw the next msg come through and all i did was type my reply and hit the little Paper Airplane button.

I get this message back about confirming my usage of the Text to Phone app. Never saw it again even though we continued to text msg and haven't seen it since.
    This is exactly what happened when my wife sent me a text and it went to my desk at work. Why are there people implying that this is a total user error situation? As if the phone is completely bug free.

The OP is right, this is a problem that needs to be fixed by palm, because the phone is not doing what the user is telling it to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyTerry View Post
    This has happened to me quite a few times as well. Select a number in the universal search and a different one is selected on the compose SMS card. I've gotten in the habit of hitting the text button to make sure its the right number. It's not usually wrong, but is every so often.
    This happens to me every time I text my wife! It ends up going to her work land line! I just tried tapping the top right text button but nothing happens....what's supposed to happen?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    LoL yes , in my post i was giving an example off the top of my head... again its not limited to home mobile work... universal contact search reverses everything
    There is definitely some weird phone # handling in various places. Like showing all of the duplicate #'s that synergy is merging when looking them up in the phone dialer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This is not a Palm issue any phone can do the text to landline with Sprint with no charge. Other carriers charge for this feature, I personally like it when you can't call home you can text the message and it will be read out.
    This IS a Palm issue, you're not understanding our problems.
    I am confident in saying everyone here in this forum is very well aware of texting a landline being possible as a feature from sprint. For years in fact.
    Our issue is that our Palm Pre's are doing so INSTEAD of texting the mobile number!

I dont have any problems with Universal search then text, creating a new text. Its when im replying a text from which for the most part have already replied atleast 5-10 times already with no problem and then 1 random reply would be sent to the home number instead of simply replying to the convo we are already having going from mobile to mobile.

Now while my problem seems to be slightly different from the person who started this thread its still an issue that needs to be fixed and this thread was started awhile back so has the issue been fixed some how? is there a hack fix for this or an official fix. Could it be that this particular glitch Palm is unaware. Does anyone have any info on this?

Im glad to see im not the only one with this problem atleast.
    Hard to say what the issue is since I have not experienced it, and I go through 3K to 5K texts per month. Have you folks tried deleting the contact info and re-entering manually?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I think the issue here (at least when it has happened to me) is that the "highlighted" number can NOT be assigned. When you do a uni search, sometimes the home number is highlighted.

My issue is that the "highlighted" number should be assignable by us. I'd almost more than likely use the mobile number but currently, sometimes a home number is automatically set by the phone to be "highlighted."

Palm needs to allow us to be able to assign a main number to be highlighted.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Same thing just started happening to me out of nowhere. Even in middle of texting someone else to and from cell the damn thing just changes it to work number which I don't realize till I get the text to landline confirmation. Can't believe this has been going on for months and Palm has done nothing. Incredible.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234