Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I've done this by accident on both my Treo Pro and my blackberry. The biggest issue IMO is that sprint charges you for texts to landlines even if you have unlimited text messaging. At least I got charged for them. Of course I accepted it because in my case it was user error.
    I've never been charged. On my new Everything, I just double checked and still nothing.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    This kept happened to me this morning well 2wice to the same person coincidentally. This only has happened with that particular contact so far (havent noticed nor checked for others) so in order to get it send correctly I went to messanging>then did a universal search in the "to" path and selected "mobile" # just to not have that issue. It was one more step but it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    Dear Palm,

This is your 4th update and your first major update. For the love of good I am sick of text messaging landlines. For those that are unaware, if I do a global search for a contact, when his/her info comes up, if that individual has a home phone number, and a mobile phone number, if I select SMS on the mobile number, when it brings up the chat app, the home phone number is selected. You can only see this though you hit the TEXT button on the top right. This is annoying.

Please note that this would also only happens under certain circumstances. You need to type a persons name in the universal search, that person needs to be the only person that appears, and also at person needs to have the home phone number highlighted blue when you select the mobile phone numbers sms icon. The highlighted number is always the one that appears first, but i dont know what dictates which number appears first. Its different for all my contacts, and i cant see a pattern. Its not the first number entered for a contact and all mine come synced from Google contacts.
    This is soooo annoying. It's been happening to me a lot. Guess how sick and tired my boss and co-workers are of getting text to voice messages on their work and home phones?

Palm, you really expect professionals to use your crappy phone? When I select sms to mobile -- the sms SHOULD GO TO THE F**KING MOBILE!!! NOT TO A HOME PHONE! NOT TO A WORK PHONE! NOT TO ANY PHONE EXCEPT THE PHONE THAT *******I SELECT*******

When I text urgent information to a co-worker - this obvious bug sends the message to THE WRONG PLACE! WHY??!?!!??!??!?!

Here's one more thing that I am forced to workaround because Palm is too lazy to get it straight the first, second, third and fourth times.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    If you don't like the phone, who is it exactly that's making you use it? And stop yelling.
    I just had this happen to me. I was trying to text my friend on his cell. I sent the maasage and was confused when I saw the message saying thanks for using sprints text to landline function . I'm sure my friends mom loved being woek up at 1am...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    If you don't like the phone, who is it exactly that's making you use it? And stop yelling.
    It is not that people don't like the phone, we just need it too work correctly, consistently!

This problem has been happening to me as well, twice this afternoon. It is a real bug, not a user error. I think it is reasonable to expect for the phone to work properly. I love this phone, but it makes me look unprofessional when occasionally it sends texts to a number I did not select.
    I don't have this problem. When I do a universal search for a contact that has more has a land line, sure there is an sms button next to it, but I just select the one I want to text and that is the one that is checked in the messaging app.
    It happens to me all the time and it is a bug. I'm pretty sure it has to do with competing profiles when you have more than one for a contact. I reported mine to palm a while ago and they said it was the first time they had heard about it. I fixed it by asking the palm profile to take prrecedence and that worked. I know others who have the same problem and others who don't. It seems to be pretty hit or miss.
    I am having the exact same issue with my Bell Palm Pre.

When texting my girlfriend this morning, I opened the conversation window and sent a message. A few minutes later I got the notification that I sent the message to her home phone. I checked the "Text" button and it said that I was sending to the landline. However, all the previous text messages were sent to the mobile. I really hope I do not get charged by Bell for a bug on the cellphone.

This was NOT user error. If all my previous texts are going to the mobile and I do not make any changes to the system settings, then all my texts should continue to go to the mobile number.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipreedinmypants View Post
    It happens to me all the time and it is a bug. I'm pretty sure it has to do with competing profiles when you have more than one for a contact. I reported mine to palm a while ago and they said it was the first time they had heard about it. I fixed it by asking the palm profile to take prrecedence and that worked. I know others who have the same problem and others who don't. It seems to be pretty hit or miss.

I don't think that will fix the issue on in my case since I only have ONE profile (Google) on my phone. The Palm profile contains no contacts.
    wow yeh only happened to me last week, like i knew i selected the guys CELL number, but after i sent to quick texts, replies came back sayin i sent it to landline, da heck?

yes fix this palm!!
    Was there ever a fix to this problem?

My problem is when I have a txt convo going and im just simply replying, not creating a new text or anything just simply replying to one I recieved and it keeps going to the home number! its not like the person sent me the txt from the landline and im replying to it (if thats possible) they most definitley sent it from their cell phone.

This is a major problem that needs to be fixed. Is there a hack of some sort to fix this problem?
    the only thing that bothers me ... which may be what the OP's mistake is .. is if you setup your contact with a mobile number in the first slot and a home in the second slot (doesnt have to be mobile and home it can be anything) ... if you open the contacts app and check the contact youll see the contact info just as you entered it... however in Uni Search the order gets reversed ... as to say the (second) home slot shows first and the (first) mobile slot shows second.. check screen shots for ex.

edit: wow this is an ooooooooooold thread
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    happened to my wife the other day. Only thing is, she simply continued from an existing conversation. Only this time, instead of going to my mobile it went to my desk.

She changed nothing. So for the poster that says check first. Wouldn't it be a reasonable assumption that the the message would go to the last place sent if nothing was changed?
    This is not a Palm issue any phone can do the text to landline with Sprint with no charge. Other carriers charge for this feature, I personally like it when you can't call home you can text the message and it will be read out.
    This happened to me yesterday when sending an MMS. At first I thought I just picked the wrong number from universal search, so I double checked the number I picked and it happened again! So my wife got 2 pics of our kids on her work voicemail somehow.
    Very odd bug and nothing too earth shattering, but I can see it being a pain in the ***.
    I don't know if it is a phone problem or network issue of some kind, but I do hope it gets fixed!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I had this happen a couple times and by being more careful when choosing the number to send a text message to it hasn't happened again.

It isn't Palm's fault if I send a text message to a landline by mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    the only thing that bothers me ... which may be what the OP's mistake is .. is if you setup your contact with a mobile number in the first slot and a home in the second slot (doesnt have to be mobile and home it can be anything) ... if you open the contacts app and check the contact youll see the contact info just as you entered it... however in Uni Search the order gets reversed ... as to say the (second) home slot shows first and the (first) mobile slot shows second.. check screen shots for ex.

edit: wow this is an ooooooooooold thread
    Is it just me, or do the screen shots show the reverse of what was stated?
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    This is soooo annoying. It's been happening to me a lot. Guess how sick and tired my boss and co-workers are of getting text to voice messages on their work and home phones?

Palm, you really expect professionals to use your crappy phone? When I select sms to mobile -- the sms SHOULD GO TO THE F**KING MOBILE!!! NOT TO A HOME PHONE! NOT TO A WORK PHONE! NOT TO ANY PHONE EXCEPT THE PHONE THAT *******I SELECT*******

When I text urgent information to a co-worker - this obvious bug sends the message to THE WRONG PLACE! WHY??!?!!??!??!?!

Here's one more thing that I am forced to workaround because Palm is too lazy to get it straight the first, second, third and fourth times.
    Interesting... you talk about professionals using the phone, but your response is very unprofessional. Were you referring to your boss?
    I don't have this issue either. I have mistakenly texted a land line (well I think maybe the alcohol was a factor in that) but it was totally my error.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast