Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just visited one of my other all mobile phone website ( phonedog.com ) and they are reporting that Best Buys $99 PREs were a system glitch that was corrected ( even though they honored it til it was fixed ) ... I personnally was a lil pissed about the price drop but was cool about whoever was able to get in on that great mistake.

Phonedog - n lieu of the successful launch of the BlackBerry Tour and iPhone 3GS at similar price points, and the fact that most early adopters have already paid the $199.99 premium for the Palm Pre, Best Buy dropped the price of the device to $99.99 this weekend. Too good to be true, right? Right. Chalking it up to a system glitch, Best Buy's John Bernier tweeted that the low price was an error and it was in the process of being corrected back to $199.99.

According to Best Buy, the $99.99 price was honored all the way up to them actually correcting the issue and changing the price tags, so was anyone able to pick up a Pre at the $99.99 price point?

Weekend system glitch makes Palm Pre $99.99 - PhoneDog Cell Phone News & Articles
    Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    I just visited one of my other all mobile phone website ( phonedog.com ) and they are reporting that Best Buys $99 PREs were a system glitch that was corrected ( even though they honored it til it was fixed ) ... I personnally was a lil pissed about the price drop but was cool about whoever was able to get in on that great mistake.

Phonedog - n lieu of the successful launch of the BlackBerry Tour and iPhone 3GS at similar price points, and the fact that most early adopters have already paid the $199.99 premium for the Palm Pre, Best Buy dropped the price of the device to $99.99 this weekend. Too good to be true, right? Right. Chalking it up to a system glitch, Best Buy's John Bernier tweeted that the low price was an error and it was in the process of being corrected back to $199.99.

According to Best Buy, the $99.99 price was honored all the way up to them actually correcting the issue and changing the price tags, so was anyone able to pick up a Pre at the $99.99 price point?

Weekend system glitch makes Palm Pre $99.99 - PhoneDog Cell Phone News & Articles
    Get ready for it they are going to come at you with both barrels blazing...this is old news btw
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever View Post
    Get ready for it they are going to come at you with both barrels blazing...this is old news btw
    Ohhh sh_t ... Your right ... and they are gonna hit me up on it ... How I do delete a (this) post ... lol
    OLD!

hee hee... man i haven't used that in while... I had to, you know that right, don't hate me for it!!! hahaha
    I just got my 2 pres for $99 each at the Best Buy in Rockville MD at 1pm Monday 7/27/09. You may still be able to find a store that has not had a chance to change out the prices. It looks like the store I bought from was about to change it out after I was rung up at the register. The manager had to do a manual override to give me the $99 price.

You can still get them for $99 if you act fast. Total was $211 and some change for 2 pres. (tax on sale price not on MSRP like it seems they are doing over in CA).

Hope someone else will be able to snag this deal.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Just left a Best Buy store in the SF Bay Area and they still had the $99 price for the Pre. Employee asked if she can help and I had her verify the price and she looked it up and said it was $99 with a new contract or approved upgrade. Had 5 in stock.
    Just went to the BB in Tempe, AZ @ Tempe Market Place they have it for $99.99 so i got a $108 credit back
    Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post

* Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    HAHA the story just made front page Yahoo News!!!
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Doesn't sound like Palm is having delivery problems either.... though Hesse claimed otherwise today.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I stopped at a store here in San Antonio today at lunch and they had a price card that listed $99 for the family plan, $199 for an upgrade and $749 retail. I asked if the phone was still on sale and the salesgirl said "no, it was a glitch". Then I told her the sign here still said $99, at which point she came out from behind the desk and looked at the card and pulled it, then told me that was for the 2nd or 3rd phone on a family plan. (BS) She said they were backorded anyway. I probably could have pressed the issue but I let it go knowing they had screwed-up nationwide. Yesterday in my store in New Braunfels, TX it was $99 for new and upgrade. I should have pulled the trigger then.
    Just got home from my local BB south of Louisville. Got a 102.00 credit for my purchase on 7/1 and added a new Pre for 99.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My dad and I were eating lunch at a restaurant next to our local Best Buy (which we had just finished visiting to buy a laptop for my mom) when I pulled up Tweed on my $200 discount Pre, and saw Palm's tweet about the $99 Pre at BBY. Needless to say, 15 minutes later, my Dad spent $165 after tax and had a new Pre and Touchstone after some additional coupons were applied...

*Jealousy*
    I bought mine this weekend. I wish the glitch happened before I bought it haha.
    kinda starting to wonder if it is a glitch or not cause the BB website is still marked down 100.00 at 749.99
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Bought mines this morning..... Lets just say the price isn't like that anymore..... Lets just say I'm very lucky... Lol
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Bolted into my Best Buy at 10:00 sharp - Alpharetta (Atlanta) and the
    Pre was still 99 bucks. So, since I bought mine on July 2 and I got my
    $107 charged back to my Best Buy card. Sweet.

My guy there - who is the Mobile manager - told me he had heard the
    Pre was gonna have a price drop, but he had heard it was for a week
    or so to go along with Georgias tax-free weekend (this weekend coming
    up) - not the weekend before. So, it sounds like it was planned - but
    maybe this was the wrong weekend.

kitster
    would have liked to have picked up one for the wife and son, so they will leave mine alone.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    im going to see if its still going tomorrow, i hope so
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I got my $108 back right after I saw on here that it was $99..SCORE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast