1.    #1  
    Is it just me, or has your battery life drastically improved since the recent update. I have been using my 3G connection pretty consistently for two hours now and I'm still at 97% from a full charge. Normally I would be down to at least 80%. I am very pleased.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Complete opposite for me.

Last night I tested, 1 hour 5 minutes of checking email then web time on wifi. I was at 76% down from 100% fresh off the charger. Near constant web time I'd expect, but near no usage is still drops almost as fast which is did not do before the update.

Continued the test by recharging (35 minutes to 100%) and let it sit off the charger for 10 hours. 96% which isn't bad. Checked and deleted email (ya, swiping away the trash can) but had only 2 I read quickly and I'm at 92%.

One strange thing is that although all 3 email accounts I have set up are set to manual, it still pulls mail down. That's bugging the crap out of me, but wouldn't be a big deal if battery life wasn't so bad.
    I run about 8%-10% per hour at work..I data and voice roam here, kinda sucks but I just bring my charger cable and juice up all day.

Out of work I run about 3%-5% per hour which Im really happy about, because I still play with it like I got it yesterday
  4.    #4  
    I am constantly on it exploring as well. It seem like I notice something new everyday even though i geeked over the thing for months before I even held one. I have my e-mail set to pull every 6 hours and if I want to check it I just sync it with the button. I think that helps. I also have my screen at the lowest brightness. It seems like it is a crap shoot for great, normal, or terrible battery life.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    In all fairness, that may be my problem. Roaming.

There's a tiny patch, 1/4 maybe, which my house is in, where the Sprint Map shows less than stellar coverage which I've always suffered with. However, coming from a Sanyo M1, the Pre seems worse. I rarely see even 1 bar, let alone 2 and it's dropping to roam as much or more as the 1 bar. I'm on wifi for data but I'm wondering how my Pre will do in an area with good coverage.

It's hard to even use it for voice at the house because it's so bad. I expected it to be at least as good as the Sanyo but it's not. But then again, Sanyo only makes CDMA's for Sprint and supposedly R&D specifically for Sprints network.
    My battery life is noticeably the same.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    One strange thing is that although all 3 email accounts I have set up are set to manual, it still pulls mail down. That's bugging the crap out of me, but wouldn't be a big deal if battery life wasn't so bad.
    To add, I'm testing this AM so it appears email is checking every 15 minutes. All 3 accounts are set to manual?? 2 are Verizon POP3's and 1 is Yahoo which gets no use at all. I'm sure that is a small part of it.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    You must realize that battery life is directly dependant on cell signal strength. If you are in an area with a weak signal battery life will be less than if you have a strong signal area. This will vary with you area, thats why some people have great battery life and others have lousy battery life.

As far as losing 4% of battery life in 10 hours, whats the complaint. Do the math. 100/4% = 25. 25x10hrs=250hrs 250hrs/24= 10.4 days of stanby time. How much were you expecting???
    I think for me anyways 24 hrs after an update I noticed a slight decrease in battery life (had to put it on the charger at like 8pm in almost dead mode, slight to moderate use all day) ...

48 hrs later the battery so far is incredible, last night put it on the charger around 10pm and it was at 66%!!! Again slight to moderate use all around ....

I think what palm says is true as long as you keep your battery topped off it you should have no problems ... I just leave it on the charger until i wake in the mornings, did it with the centro and always had great results, thank god, i've had some pretty bad batteries in the past (htc touch for example)

I also agree with above roam will destroy your battery... I have been in situations at jobs where an hour of no service leaves me with a dead battery!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

10.    #10  
    I think we have hit the nail on the head here. Where I live I have full bars everywhere. That, I'm guessing, is the factor for my amazing battery life, which is still at 93% after 3 hours of use by the way...
    See this is weird...

I'm at work and I get between 1 to 2 bars of signal. In the last hour and 53 minutes I went from 82% to 81%... That's with checking e-mail, internet use here and there, etc. I have all my GPS stuff turned on as well. I'm signed out of aim.