Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have had my Palm Pre since release date and love it. I haven't had any issues with the phone done all of the updates with no problems and downloaded all the applications from the app catalog and everything is working as designed, I don't even have the oreo twist and I use it constantly for work and personal use. My only complaint was battery life but that even seems to be better with this last release.

Great job to Palm for putting out a great phone with version 1.

I am ready for all of the the great apps to start coming and some of the missing features to start showing up in future releases.

Happy Palm Pre Owner.
    Great post. Nice to read something other than whining about minor issues that only like one person is interested in ended with the self appointed authoritative sentence, "Fix it PALM!" Very annoying.
    Although I haven't had my phone for that long, about 3 weeks now, I love it!! Haven't had any issues so far. I agree, with everyone, there will always be people who are never happy with anything. We must remember that this is a Gen 1 phone.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I too am a very happy Pre owner. Love it! Best phone in existence, bar-none. And, I love the hardware design of the phone too. I like the shape, the feel, the slider... all of it. Not a single complaint here about any of it.
    I love my pre. What's been interesting has been the reactions some of my Apple-centric friends and colleagues have had to my pre -- all of them have been kind of floored by what the pre can do.

--posted from my Palm Pre
    Last edited by wordweaver; 07/27/2009 at 11:24 AM.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Im on my 5th Pre and it is PERFECT (except for 1 dead pixel) I was nervous about being stuck with the oreo, but was able to return it to a different sprint store and got one with NO OREO! I didnt mind it at first, but it started to annoy me as time went on. I love the phone and with the new update, it runs even better! well done palm!
    I am very happy also, I got the pre on the release date and no proplems and no issues. I am still trying to FIGURE SOME THINGS OUT!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE DIALER BACKGROUND????
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Got mine on release day and I have not had any issues at all. I really love this phone.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have no complaints......initially a little nervous about being on the "bleeding edge" with a 1st gen purchase, but I have not had issues w/ the hardware or software, other than syncing my Outlook 03 sched to the pre, which took some help from the kind people at Chapura.
    The pre rocks....now lets get rolling on the apps!
    I am glad people have had a good experience and threads like this are actually why I have stuck out the issues. I am on Pre number 4 and this one is starting to randomly shut down all the time. Most of the time I take it out of the holder and it is off and no I am not pushing the button in any way.

My wife still has her release date Pre and was very happy until recently. Hers has now started locking up and even taking the battery out doesn't fix it.

I'm glad someone is having a good experience. When it works, it rocks!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I love my Pre. You the feeling you get knowing that yours the best. I feel like that every time I answer a call or receive a message. Great phone, great design, WebOS, OTA. I can keep going, but I'll will stop. Hey, I even think my Pre is better than all yours, just because it's My Pre. Seriously.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I have me-tooed some other threads like this...me too again. This thing is amazing. I'd like the App Catalog to open up but now that I have Homebrew with no rooting I don't even care too much about that...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    I upgraded to the pre a couple of days ago and I absolutely love it. Its rock solid, no oreo twist, no slider play, no dead pixels, etc. I'm glad I got the later builds cuz looks like build quality got better

No complaints here.... Ok maybe better battery would b nice lol
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Release day Pre. Not a single problem. Love it more everyday.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    More post like this please!
    Agreed with alst post

Coming from the htc touch pro, the pre is a breath of fresh air coming from winmo, glad to not have to replace anything software wise just to make it work and have it just work and very well might I add.... I can't go back to winmo after experiencing what a real powerhouse device feels like
    Quote Originally Posted by pinti59 View Post
    I agree, with everyone, there will always be people who are never happy with anything. We must remember that this is a Gen 1 phone.
    I disagree with this attempt to marginalize people with problems as being unsatisfied with everything. I have had lots of problems trying to get a reasonable quality Pre. Am I never happy with anything? No way.

I have been perfectly satisfied with my Westinghouse 52" LCD TV, my Onkyo receiver, my cat, my Sound Dynamics speakers, my previous BMW, my Thinkpad laptop, my Playstation 3, my iPhone, my new Palm Centro, Treo 650, Treo 600, Vx, Palm Pilot Professional, my XBox 360, my HP Color LaserJet, my Brother printer / scanner / copier / fax, my microwave oven, my Plantronics bluetooth headset, my pack of Eclipse chewing gum, my Ruger P89, my leather couch, my pool cue, my tennis shoes, my guitar (even though I can't play it), my tennis rackets, and almost everything else I have ever purchased.

I have been unhappy with the quality of the Palm Pre, Palm 700p, every Acer computer I've ever owned, my current BMW, my dishwasher and a few other things.

It has nothing to do with me being never happy with anything. It has everything to do with certain products being built with worse quality than others.

Does that mean I hate the Pre? Does that mean my experiences and opinions should be disrepected? Does that mean I should be subjected to ad hominem attacks from the self-appointed forum police?
    I am also a happy Pre owner with no real problems since launch day. I read this forum to learn more about my phone. But I also want to hear about the problems that other owners are having -- within limits. I have to admit that I am a little tired of posts such as "this phone sucks" or "WTF, my [insert feature here] won't work." If we focus on information sharing and problem solving, I think we will all get the most out of this forum.

My two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I disagree with this attempt to marginalize people with problems as being unsatisfied with everything. I have had lots of problems trying to get a reasonable quality Pre. Am I never happy with anything? No way.

I have been perfectly satisfied with my Westinghouse 52" LCD TV, my Onkyo receiver, my cat, my Sound Dynamics speakers, my previous BMW, my Thinkpad laptop, my Playstation 3, my iPhone, my new Palm Centro, Treo 650, Treo 600, Vx, Palm Pilot Professional, my XBox 360, my HP Color LaserJet, my Brother printer / scanner / copier / fax, my microwave oven, my Plantronics bluetooth headset, my pack of Eclipse chewing gum, my Ruger P89, my leather couch, my pool cue, my tennis shoes, my guitar (even though I can't play it), my tennis rackets, and almost everything else I have ever purchased.

I have been unhappy with the quality of the Palm Pre, Palm 700p, every Acer computer I've ever owned, my current BMW, my dishwasher and a few other things.

It has nothing to do with me being never happy with anything. It has everything to do with certain products being built with worse quality than others.

Does that mean I hate the Pre? Does that mean my experiences and opinions should be disrepected? Does that mean I should be subjected to ad hominem attacks from the self-appointed forum police?
    Passes "Clipcarl" a soapbox to stand upon, a towel to dry his eyes with, and a quater with which he can call someone who cares.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Just a quick update on how great this phone is....

I just got done at the gym doing some cardio. While at the gym I was listening to my mp3's through bluetooth (I use Motorola S9 headphones), while checking my calendar, work email, texting friends and checking the status of the Texas Rangers using Sporting News Baseball application (Which is updating correctly now). I had all of the applications open and easily switching between them.

I had the Motorola Q9C running winmo and was able to do a few things at the same time but memory limits would kill applications and was limited to maybe 3 at most.

Nice multi-tasking Palm.

I was using EVDO, Bluetooth my battery level started at 98% and after an hour battery level dropped to 79%, so not bad considering what I was doing.

I am not saying Palm Pre is a finished product but again for a version 1 not bad. Now there just needs to be some basic features added like notification options, ability to forward text messages, easily empty email trash, full copy/paste not just edit text but text and pictures in applications and the web, and cool apps and games.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast