1.    #1  
    I hate to be "that guy" to post another one of the "should i return my pre" threads....

but.. heres the deal. I'm on my 3rd one already. This one seems perfect (ive had it about a month) BUT it has the screen yellowish discoloration at the bottom after i use it fora little bit (even after just like sending/receiving 10 txts or so)

im tired of dealing with going to the store, setting the pre back up how i want it, putting on a new screen protector, etc.

my main question is: is it worth it? Im worried ill get one with a dead pixel or something..

i have tiny play left/right int he screen... doesnt seem like its anything un normal.

at this point, if im able to.. is the build quality that much better that I should get a newer one? or is the one i have going to be just as good (with the exception of yellow screen)?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Breathe innnnnnnn
    Breathe oouuuuttttt
    Oommmmmmmmmm
    Take a pilllllllllllllllllllll

Dude. Really. It's a Gen 1 machine. It works pretty well. If you're think worried about stuff just bag it and get something else. Then, once things really get ironed out and the mojority of the bugs are handled....and there is a library of a million apps....figure out if there was anything you liked about it and but another one. But for now...life's WAY too short to sweat stuff like this.

Damn, it's Monday. You've got a whole week ahead of you. Spread the worry out a bit.

bj
    I would keep it chances are you will get something with more problems then what you have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    I hate to be "that guy" to post another one of the "should i return my pre" threads....

but.. heres the deal. I'm on my 3rd one already. This one seems perfect (ive had it about a month) BUT it has the screen yellowish discoloration at the bottom after i use it fora little bit (even after just like sending/receiving 10 txts or so)

im tired of dealing with going to the store, setting the pre back up how i want it, putting on a new screen protector, etc.

my main question is: is it worth it? Im worried ill get one with a dead pixel or something..

i have tiny play left/right int he screen... doesnt seem like its anything un normal.

at this point, if im able to.. is the build quality that much better that I should get a newer one? or is the one i have going to be just as good (with the exception of yellow screen)?
    No one is going to be able to answer the questions about what you're going to get, or what you're not going to get. Obviously, if posts are to be believed, some people are having problems 3, 4, 5 or more times. Just as obviously (and again, if posts are to be believed) some people have 0 problems with their very first device. I'm one of those (if I'm to be believed).

You've got your own personal experience. Only you can say whether or not it's "worth it" to try again.
    in my opinion? Don't use teaser titles
    ^^ +1

I mean seriously. I don't even know what I'll be having for dinner tonight and you want me/us to tell you if your next phone will have problems? Not a hard one to reason out. If I could predict the future I would have made the appropriate investments long ago and now be living the leisure life of travel on my private 747.
    is it worth it? No.

/thread
  8.    #8  
    did every *** hole read this thread only or what?

ive seen tons of other topics about similar stuff and nobody else was such **** heads about it

wasnt necessarily looking for you to predecit my future of what my new pre would be like.. (ive got my magic 8 ball home brew app that can do that for me)

more or less looking for "what would you do"

or a little reassurance of "just hang on to it" to convince myself

man and you guys said for me to chill? haha.whoa.

u guys need a hobby or something. im on this forum multiple times per day but damn i dont feel necessary to be a total *** to every post i see and dont like or agree with.

but hey whatever makes you guys happy

ive seen tons of other topics about similar stuff and nobody else was such **** heads about it

wasnt necessarily looking for you to predecit my future of what my new pre would be like.. (ive got my magic 8 ball home brew app that can do that for me)

u guys need a hobby or something. im on this forum multiple times per day but damn i dont feel necessary to be a total *** to every post i see and dont like or agree with.

Personally, I thing that YOU should go get an iPhone. Then you can go over to their forums, drink the Kool-aid and never have to deal with dissent of any kind EVER again.

Don't call people names just because they don't pander to your lame @ss post.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett

I'm trying to figure out what in the world you are looking for. Other "similar" posts have asked if everyone has the same thing happening to them. That answer to that one is simple - no, not everyone.

You're asking something totally different, you're asking if it's worth it, and if the build quality is better.

Those are not questions we can answer.

Is it worth it? You have to decide. Were it my decision, I would would keep on trying. However, your comment "im tired of dealing with going to the store ..." makes me wonder if you shouldn't. I don't know. Neither does anyone else.
    is the build quality that much better better than what? I bought mine on 6/6, and haven't had any problems, I don't think you'll get better than that. How can anyone say what you'll end up with?

I am in the exact same predicament. I'm just entering week 2 with mine, so I've still got some time to decide. So far I'm leaning towards just keeping it because I have a feeling any Pre that I get will have some sort of problem.

As for the a-holes responding to your thread. Get used to it. It's like this on ANY forum you visit. People love to act like big-shots on forums. I think it's a way to deal with their insecurities. Just ignore them, there a plenty of decent people on here as well.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts

Give it some time,
    I had it on 6/6/2009 , no issues so far.
    I did abuse it with my key chain, dropped it twice it works like charm.

If you are not willing to compromise , I say get the blackberry ( if you want to stay with sprint) or go get iPhone ( and move to ATT).

I love Pre , but I am a sucker for Blackberry build quality (sans STORM).
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I'm on my second pre. Turned the first in for discoloration. Ask yourself how bad is it. My second pre has a little discoloration but it was nowhere near as bad as the first. With the first I couldn't even watch video because there was a long line of discoloration at the bottom. The second one I could live with. Its a phone and one you will probably drop in a year or two anyway so if everything else is Ok I would keep. But if the problem is to the degree it distracts from the phones use then try another, but only you could judge that.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I'm on my second pre. Turned the first in for discoloration. Ask yourself how bad is it. My second pre has a little discoloration but it was nowhere near as bad as the first. With the first I couldn't even watch video because there was a long line of discoloration at the bottom. The second one I could live with. Its a phone and one you will probably drop in a year or two anyway so if everything else is Ok I would keep. But if the problem is to the degree it distracts from the phones use then try another, but only you could judge that.
    my discoloration is also a "line" up the left side of the screen (bottom if viewing videos.) it is only visible when the phone heats up. I don't like it, but I am not confident that exchanging it will get me a better quality device.