Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would not install the 1.1.0 update! You will get corrupted data!

I installed it on both of our Pre phones this Friday. Noticed 2 things, one is annoying, the other is potentially devastating.

1. Unless you have the ringer silenced, when you dial a number on the phone keypad, the speakerphone is on until the number is dialed. And no, the speakerphone was not toggled on or anything like that.

2. The phone WILL NOT RECOGNIZE WHEN IT HAS BEEN EJECTED FROM YOUR PC when you are using the Pre in USB mode. This resulted in corrupted data on my phone. Fortunately what I lost was backed up elsewhere.

* This was the last straw for me--as a Palm user for >10 years, I have been insanely loyal. I worked for 2 weeks to make the Pre fit into my life. I had just gotten it to be what I wanted--then 1.1.0 update comes FROM THE MANUFACTURER, and it damages my phone!
    Updates should make your phone better, not ruin it. That is not too much to expect.

* We returned both of our Pre phones the next day. The workers at the Sprint store didn't even care. Didn't even ask us why.

Please don't install the 1.1.0 update so that you won't lose your USB drive data. At least wait until they discover the problem and release a fix.

A very sad time for me as a loyal Palm dude.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    No problems for me...

Sounds like user error to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post

I installed it on both of our Pre phones this Friday. Noticed 2 things, one is annoying, the other is potentially devastating.

1. Unless you have the ringer silenced, when you dial a number on the phone keypad, the speakerphone is on until the number is dialed. And no, the speakerphone was not toggled on or anything like that.

2. The phone WILL NOT RECOGNIZE WHEN IT HAS BEEN EJECTED FROM YOUR PC when you are using the Pre in USB mode. This resulted in corrupted data on my phone. Fortunately what I lost was backed up elsewhere.

* This was the last straw for me--as a Palm user for >10 years, I have been insanely loyal. I worked for 2 weeks to make the Pre fit into my life. I had just gotten it to be what I wanted--then 1.1.0 update comes FROM THE MANUFACTURER, and it damages my phone!
    Updates should make your phone better, not ruin it. That is not too much to expect.

* We returned both of our Pre phones the next day. The workers at the Sprint store didn't even care. Didn't even ask us why.

Please don't install the 1.1.0 update so that you won't lose your USB drive data. At least wait until they discover the problem and release a fix.

Hmm.. USB mode works fine for me, including disconnecting. I have Vista home premium 64-bit. Have it working on an XP machine also. No problems.
    Did you go to the taskbar to unmount the Pre or to my computer and right click eject on the Pre drive?

It never really ejected the Pre when unmounting from the Taskbar before 1.1 for what's it worth.
    The spakerphone dialing is not new...mines been like that since I got it, I guess I wasn't aware that other phones did NOT do that.

As for the disconnect...I haven't had that problem.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Sigh....another 1 post person making up a bunch of junk.

These Iphone owners need to really get a life.
    Another 1-post troll it looks like.

10 years Palm user, and two whole weeks huh? And, of course, your first post here is to tell us that you're leaving.

Something smells a little funny here, in my opinion...
    No issues here.
    Highly suspect post ==> FAIL
    benb,
    Thanks for the information! NOW go drink a cup of shut the hell up.
    "Well, I don't favor talkin' to vermin, but I'll talk to you just this once." --John Wayne
    no problems disconnecting from USB using a Mac on 1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordus View Post
    Sigh....another 1 post person making up a bunch of junk.

These Iphone owners need to really get a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Another 1-post troll it looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Highly suspect post ==> FAIL
    Quote Originally Posted by PilgREm View Post
    benb,
    Thanks for the information! NOW go drink a cup of shut the hell up.
    +1
    mine work perfect
    vote and comment so i don't even have to bother with stuff like this
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sub-forum.html
    I just transferred some music, no problem here at all.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I get the error when I disconnect my Pre from the computer (running Vista). I eject by opening up the "safely remove hardware" option in the system tray, finding the Pre, and ejecting it. Each time, I get an error that says it was not disconnected properly and some data was damaged... but that the data was successfully recovered.

I have no idea what data is supposedly damaged, or if it is actually happening (I only connect to the PC to sync music). I figured that it was just a bug.

Anyone else noticing this?
    Highly doubt he's an iPhone user trolling considering the iPhone also makes the same noise when dialing a number unless the ringer switch is switched to vibrate or it's turned off in the settings.
    BS
    No issues here...works perfectly after update
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Sounds like user end error and why post this mess the mods should close this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by scott12345 View Post
    I get the error when I disconnect my Pre from the computer (running Vista). I eject by opening up the "safely remove hardware" option in the system tray, finding the Pre, and ejecting it. Each time, I get an error that says it was not disconnected properly and some data was damaged... but that the data was successfully recovered.

I have no idea what data is supposedly damaged, or if it is actually happening (I only connect to the PC to sync music). I figured that it was just a bug.

Anyone else noticing this?
    I only got that error once, when I forgot to unmount the device.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast