Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am having the exact same problem with USB.

I make sure to use the safely remove icon. It disconnects successfully. I even wait about 10 seconds to make sure it is finished.

When I remove the cable my Pre says that it wasn't disconnected properly and that data was corrupted but has been recovered. It happens every time.

Also I am using a powered USB hub to connect the Pre. Is anyone else using a USB hub?

This is a Pre problem. It might be something wrong with the hardware or a fixable software error. I am hoping for the latter.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post

I make sure to use the safely remove icon. It disconnects successfully. I even wait about 10 seconds to make sure it is finished.

When I remove the cable my Pre says that it wasn't disconnected properly and that data was corrupted but has been recovered. It happens every time.

Also I am using a powered USB hub to connect the Pre. Is anyone else using a USB hub?

This is a Pre problem. It might be something wrong with the hardware or a fixable software error. I am hoping for the latter.
    Have you tired hooking it straight into your computer without using the hub? USB hubs have been known to be an issue with different devices.
    Some here seem to be trying to lend credence to the OP. Your issues, though real, have nothing to do with the Troll thread creator here.

The OP said that he returned the phones after a very short amount of time because of one issue. Notice, he said that his USB storage ability was completely jacked. Now correct me if I am wrong here, but the people who are posting here are complaining that the Pre says that you disconnected it improperly even though you did things correctly?

This may be an issue that would need to be addressed by Palm support rather than posting here in a clearly rediculous thread.

I wish all of you luck in getting a fix in place for your syncing issues.
    i haven't had issues either that I know of. I'm dualbooting Ubuntu Jaunty and Xp SP2. I just connected my pre to ubuntu but was unsuccessful in unmounting my phone completely. had to restart it. I didn't lose any data though. The phone went completely offline and was telling me I had no photos or music in my library which I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    No problems for me...

Sounds like user error to me.
    Well hot damn! THAT should make him feel better about everything!!!! Good show!
    wow another 1 post wonder!!!...thanks for the warning i cant wait for your next installment!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post

I noticed that if you use the safely remove hardware method next to the clock you always get the error message on the PRE. If you right click on the PRE drive letter in "My Computer" and select eject you will not get the error on the PRE.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catch228 View Post
    I noticed that if you use the safely remove hardware method next to the clock you always get the error message on the PRE. If you right click on the PRE drive letter in "My Computer" and select eject you will not get the error on the PRE.
    I've noticed the same thing. Also, the Pre will wake up to show the home screen on its own once you choose "eject" from My Computer. Unless you see the Pre do that, you're probably going to get the error message.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    This happened to me once, and the way that it happened was that I removed the USB cable from the hub, not from the Pre.

So, when you eject the drive, disconnect the Pre from the cable instead of the cable (wht the Pre attached) from the USB slot.
    OK, I have some idea what the OP is talking about. However in my case it happens only when my phone is in Media Sync mode. I try to eject it through windows systray(I'm on Win7 RC1) but the phone doesn't switch back to phone mode. HOWEVER, if I eject it from iTunes, it comes back into phone mode immediately. I don't know if any data is actually "corrupted" considering I wasn't transferring any data, it could just be an automatically generated error if you unplug it from USB without properly ejecting it.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    No problems here! As they say "Sixty percent of the time....it works every time!"
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catch228 View Post
    I definitely noticed this issue after the 1.1 update on both my Pre and my wife's when connecting to my WinXP laptop. Although the message always says the Pre was able to fix the damage, it is still a little disconcerting. I always use the icon on the system tray though; gonna' try your suggested method and post back my results.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    With Vista 32 bit have no problem usb charging, usb transfering to and from Pre or using sync toy.
    Can we please have a mod change "capability" to "compatibility" in the title please?

Thanks.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Seriously what a phreakin moron...if he came on here and asked questions, he'd see others not having the problem..
    maybe we could have helped, maybe his pre was defective and he could see..
    instead in his moronic way he assumes that somehow palm has damaged his phone...that palm was the ignorant party. The good news is we will prolly only see one post from him....

Not meant to bite at people having these issues, just those unwilling to investigate and understand the phone you purchased. Its a complex device. Join the forum and be constructive.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 07/31/2009 at 08:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Seriously what a phreakin moron...if he came on here and asked questions, he'd see others not having the problem..
    maybe we could have helped, maybe his pre was defective and he could see..
    instead in his moronic way he assumes that somehow palm has damaged his phone...that palm was the ignorant party. The good news is we will prolly only see one post from him....

Not meant to bite at people having these issues, just those unwilling to investigate and understand the phone you purchased. Its a complex device. Join the forum and be constructive.
    Notice he posted this thread and hasn't even been back on the site, not even lurking..... I won't say the T word. But he did a good job of getting people to react.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123