Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I use mine on 3 different comp.
    XP no problems
    Vista Bus. no problems(vista in itself is a problem but everyone knows that)
    Ubuntu no problems

Only thing I would like added is a toilet flusher............

Hydro
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I've never unmounted a USB device, and I've never lost and data on one. As far as what I know, it is just to make sure that all the files on the USB device are closed and not in the process of being edited.

It's kind of like ejecting a floppy disk in the middle of it saving your homework. USB is no different.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    No problems for me... Sounds like user error to me.
    I agree. I've had zero issues with USB drive functionality before or after 1.1, and I've had my Pre since June 6.

Quote Originally Posted by scott12345 View Post
    I get the error when I disconnect my Pre from the computer (running Vista). I eject by opening up the "safely remove hardware" option in the system tray, finding the Pre, and ejecting it. Each time, I get an error that says it was not disconnected properly and some data was damaged... but that the data was successfully recovered.

I have no idea what data is supposedly damaged, or if it is actually happening (I only connect to the PC to sync music). I figured that it was just a bug.

Anyone else noticing this?
    Are you pausing long enough to see the Pre "wake up" from USB and show you the Home screen after you select eject in Windows? You'll likely get the disconnect error unless you do. That may be why you're having this issue.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    STOP FEEDING THE troll!!!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I did the update last Friday and it went smooth and no problems after that at all. Definatelly USER RELATED...............
    And not just 1 pre but both pre's have same issues, something doesnt smell right here.
    I have been a Palm fan since before I was born and after using the Pre for 6 1/2 minutes at the Best Buy, I couldn't get it to work at all. I moved my finger all over the screen; pushed buttons... nothing.

Some Best Buy salesperson came up to me and said it was a dummy phone... what a jerk. I hate Palm and Best Buy for calling me a dummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I have been a Palm fan since before I was born and after using the Pre for 6 1/2 minutes at the Best Buy, I couldn't get it to work at all. I moved my finger all over the screen; pushed buttons... nothing.

Some Best Buy salesperson came up to me and said it was a dummy phone... what a jerk. I hate Palm and Best Buy for calling me a dummy.
    lol
    you think he has a dummy phone?!
    y u make it seem like if its gonna happen to all of us?? jeez
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    10 years Palm user, and two whole weeks huh? And, of course, your first post here is to tell us that you're leaving.

Something smells a little funny here, in my opinion...
    Yup yup...no issues here.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    And not just 1 pre but both pre's have same issues, something doesnt smell right here.
    No, this is a single person that apparently has two Pre's with this issue; that's different than two separate reports of this exact issue. I, for one, think this is a Palm-hater that is trying to start a fire.

OP needs to defend his comments if he/she wants us to half believe what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post

Now that is funny.
    if this person isn't a troll maybe there is something wrong with there computer
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    STOP FEEDING THE troll!!!!
    +1 :P
    Well i beleive the poster has some truth. Before the 1.1 update, when my Pre was connected to my computer, i could just disconnect no problem. Now after the 1.1 update, if i just disconnect it, i will ALWAYS get teh "you didnt properly disconnect data may be damage" or "data has been recovreed". I havent noticed damaged data. Basically it seems that after the 1.1 update, if you dont proper unmount it from your computer first (hit icon on computer and hit unmount and THEN pull USB from phone) then you will get data errors and damages on your phone. This update just forces you to properly disconnect the phone (which is silly, becausee i can disconnect pretty much any other usb drive without proper unmounted it first with no problems or errors,the only time i could see a damage would occur is if u pulled out the usb cord while some type of data transfer was going on )
    I'm not completely discounting the OP's experience. But I'm just saying that until the OP comes back on this thread and defends what happened, we need to treat the post as suspect.

And I agree, we need to stop feeding the troll (which I realize I'm guilty of).
    I prefer to make fun of the trolls. You are officially a troll if you post a thread and do not reply when others question the authenticity of your claim.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    These 1 post "goodbyes" always remind me of the lyrics to "Hooray For Captain Spaulding" sung by Groucho Marx in "Animal Crackers"...

"Hello, I must be going,
    I cannot stay, I came to say, I must be going.
    I’m glad I came, but just the same I must be going."

Just don't let that Jim Cramer ***** get a hold of this thread.
    http://www.precentral.net/hey-jim-cr...-us-google-you
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    naw, I had this happen too. I definitely ejected the hardware from the "safely remove hardware" thingie in XP, and the drive disappeared from the window.. so I unplugged the cable and got the same error message on the Pre that the OP said. However, I don't seem to have lost anything... so far!
    Works fine for me on Vista64 and Win7 RC1. Haven't tried on OSX since I updated to 1.1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast