1.    #1  
    So, today I went into a Sprint store to swap out my pre. It was turning on and off. They were being EXTREMELY nice. He swapped it out with a refurb. (I wasn't complaining. It was in perfect condition. No defects.) He handed it to me PLUS gave me the cord, plug in, and case out of the refurb's box. I was joking and said well why don't you just give me the defective Pre while you're at it. He handed it to me....I went home, hooked it up to WebOs DR and it was fixed. I got a free Pre. haha. Great experience.
    Last edited by DJScootR; 07/27/2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Title spelling error.
    bidding starts at $50?
    Holy crap. Where the hell is your Sprint store, I'm going there from now on. ;P

Not to mention it'd be nice to end up with a free Pre I could hawk on eBay.
    The phone will probably never be able to be activated again. I'd bet the guy put it in the system that way.

After you ran the doctor on it, how did you activate it?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Sounds like somebody got an extra battery charger in the shape of an old Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by quahtrader View Post
    The phone will probably never be able to be activated again. I'd bet the guy put it in the system that way.

After you ran the doctor on it, how did you activate it?
    Much more interesting to me is can it be used as a Wi-Fi only device (like a PDA)?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    Sounds like somebody got an extra battery charger in the shape of an old Pre.
    batterycharger./PalmPodTouch8gb

I wonder if someone could activate it with Alltel.
    refurb policy, you have 15 days to return your original pre or your account will be charged $200. good luck.

btw, shocked*
  9.    #9  
    Its activated on my other line just fine. Haha. Sorry about the typing error. It was 4 O'clock in the morning. Couldn't see what I was typing. Haha. I'll fix it soon enough. but both Pres are woking fine. I'm pretty sure I won't get any kind of 200 dollar fee charged. It was in the Sprint store. If I do, I'd pay 200 dollars for a 800 dollar device. haha.
    A phone that isn't activated on the Sprint network can still use Wifi for e-mail, web etc.

Just no phone calls.

I had this happen to me first hand. Someone sent in a unit for repair and somehow they crossed up the numbers or something because mine got deactivated, I made a few calls into Sprint and was back "online" in a few hours but had my wifi on doing data stuff with the phone the whole time.
    Grrrr! I have had to exchange my Pre twice already and did not get to keep ANYTHING.

An extra sync/charge cable, or two, would have been a nice form of compensation for my trouble.
  12.    #12  
    Funny thing is I didn't even ask. It seriously shocked me. I even asked the guy..am I being video taped? Is there a right or wrong answer to taking all this. He said he was gonna throw it away anyway because it was in such bad shape. He obviously hasn't heard about the WebOS DR. Haha. But I ran the DR and it booted right up no problem. They're doing good on this whole premier customer stuff. They've treated me like a king so far. 150 off upgrade after a year, Free Palm Pre, free 30 dollar wall charger. I love Sprint. I've NEVER been unhappy with them. I'll never jump ship to another carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJScootR View Post
    Its activated on my other line just fine. Haha. Sorry about the typing error. It was 4 O'clock in the morning. Couldn't see what I was typing. Haha. I'll fix it soon enough. but both Pres are woking fine. I'm pretty sure I won't get any kind of 200 dollar fee charged. It was in the Sprint store. If I do, I'd pay 200 dollars for a 800 dollar device. haha.
    Preach it!
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.