Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Has anyone had their oreo fixed by the Sprint Repair Center?
    And how much does it cost? =/

Otherwise, I have just a slight bleed at the bottom of my Pre... which doesn't bother me. It gives the phone some personality. The oreo doesn't; it gives me the feeling that they could have made the screen a screw on cap.

It's been past my 30 days, so I just wanted to ask.
    Can't be fixed and it would be free under warranty if it could. If you caused the damage then its $119 to replace, not fix, or $100 for an insurance claim. Currently pres are replacement only, no issues can be fixed
    do it yourself, its easy.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    do it yourself, its easy.
    I tried.
    I don't want to screw it up myself though.

I couldn't really find the "feet" and what I thought were feet, in my opinion, could not be really fixed.

Plus, the whole touchscreen on the top left side looks like it's coming off a little. I can't fix that.

And I just wanted to see because I thought I saw someone post about getting their Pre fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I tried.
    I don't want to screw it up myself though.

I couldn't really find the "feet" and what I thought were feet, in my opinion, could not be really fixed.

Plus, the whole touchscreen on the top left side looks like it's coming off a little. I can't fix that.

And I just wanted to see because I thought I saw someone post about getting their Pre fixed.
    if you take the cover off and battery out just open and close the slider you will be able to see the "feet" they are just two little sliders that ride in the rails.

all you need to do is apply pressure to them..do it firmly and carefully...do it once to each side then slide it and see if you need to repeat.

I did it in the closed position and halfway open..I used a small Phillips head screw driver and someone else here did it with a ballpoint pen with the tip retracted.

It works, my slider is tight...I just make sure to open and close it properly and it has stayed tight .

As of now I believe Sprint is not doing any Pre repairs in store you would need to have it replaced.
    What I did was bend up the rails slightly. I got a piecof metal that is used to hang pictures and bent the tip with some needle nose so it can get underneath the track. Pull up on the metal not the plastic that is on the rail. At the same time use something to keep the other part down so that you bend it, not just lift up the whole plate.
    if you take the cover off and battery out just open and close the slider you will be able to see the "feet" they are just two little sliders that ride in the rails.

all you need to do is apply pressure to them..do it firmly and carefully...do it once to each side then slide it and see if you need to repeat.

I did it in the closed position and halfway open..I used a small Phillips head screw driver and someone else here did it with a ballpoint pen with the tip retracted.

It works, my slider is tight...I just make sure to open and close it properly and it has stayed tight .

As of now I believe Sprint is not doing any Pre repairs in store you would need to have it replaced.
    ^+1 -- this **definitely** works.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts

Thanks, but it's still not working.
    My feet aren't bent either.
    I don't understand what's causing my slight oreo problem either.
    The feet just comes out of place when I move the screen clockwise.

It's the small foot, I think, that is causing all the problems. It is somehow able to detach itself from the rail and get on top of it when the slider is closed.
    I applied pressure for about 2-4 minutes.

What happens is the small foot is able to go up while the other foot stays still.
    I figure I have two solutions.
    1. Get the smaller foot from moving up by itself.
    2. Get the bigger foot to move with the smaller foot.

2. seems harder than 1.

I'll try some more tonight.
    Thanks again for your help.
    The slider wont look bent, but you will notice that there is play between the slider and rail..that is what causes the "oreo twist".

It isnt how long you apply the pressure, rather you need to apply MORE pressure.

Im not sure without seeing your Pre if you have some other issue that is causing the looseness, but I do know that by forcing the slider down it pulls the two halves closer together and eliminates the twisting effect.

It's the small foot, I think, that is causing all the problems. It is somehow able to detach itself from the rail and get on top of it when the slider is closed.

What happens is the small foot is able to go up while the other foot stays still.
    I figure I have two solutions.
    1. Get the smaller foot from moving up by itself.
    2. Get the bigger foot to move with the smaller foot.

2. seems harder than 1.

I'll try some more tonight.
    Thanks again for your help.
    It sounds like I am having the same issue you are having. I also tried to do the fix that leftyman suggested but it did not work on mine. I applied pressure in the closed and half open position. It also only appears like it happens on the smaller foot as well. I might try bending the feet again or try bending the rail if it happens again.

The reason I say happens again is that I have been able to fix it by unscrewing the screws a couple turns (all except the one with the sticker) and then screwing them back in until they are snug. I am very careful not to over tighten them and very careful not to strip the screws. After every time I have tried this screw unscrew method, my slight oreo has been fixed. I do wish there was a more permanent fix though because I had done this method 3 or 4 times now. It seems like it takes a little over a week for it to get loose again. I probably will try the bending methods next time but did not have much luck with them last time. I felt like I was going to break the screen or something.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

+1. I'm scared to push around too much in there, and my feet don't look bent anyway. Maybe I'll try the unscrew-screw trick tonight and see what happens...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Oh god.
    I hope I didn't mess anything up.

You know where there should be a nail on the top right hand corner (when facing the back of the phone).
    Well, instead, there's a Palm logo thing... I broke it. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the speaker...

It was just a piece of paper with the Palm logo on it. It is where the nail should be, and if I tighten that, I think my oreo would be fixed.
    But where is the nail for that corner?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    You know what. I think I'll leave it.
    I don't want to cause damage.

Apparently there are a lot of users with a little wobble and gap.
    the piece of paper with the Palm logo on it is a QC label...its covering a screw that has nothing to do with tightening the slider...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Hehe okay.
    Glad I didn't mess with anything too important.