1.    #1  
    I am having trouble dialing from the list that results from a search in Google Maps. All the phone numbers returned have a plus sign and a "1" before the 10 digit phone number (e.g. +1(xxx)xxx-xxxx). When I click on the phone number, it transfers the entire number to the dialer, but the dialer can't handle phone numbers in this format. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    This feature is very important to me and I've used it often. My pre hasn't had any problems with handling the "+1" before the number, but you may be running into a small problem that I've had.

Most times, when you tap on a number, the pre dialer opens and the call is started. So, I usually tap the number, then put the phone to my ear. For some reason, when I tap a number in Google Map search results, it sends the number to the dialer, but doesn't actually *start* the call. Then, because I put the pre next to my face, a digit from the keypad gets added to the phone number and if I try to start the call, it will fail.

Try it again, but after the number goes to the dialer, hit the green phone button on the screen.

If this isn't your problem, then I'm not sure what to tell you. I use this feature a lot and it works for me.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon_TFB View Post
    Most times, when you tap on a number, the pre dialer opens and the call is started. So, I usually tap the number, then put the phone to my ear. For some reason, when I tap a number in Google Map search results, it sends the number to the dialer, but doesn't actually *start* the call. Then, because I put the pre next to my face, a digit from the keypad gets added to the phone number and if I try to start the call, it will fail.
    This is on purpose. 3rd party applications aren't allowed to start calls, just transfer the number. This is so rogue applications can't run up your phone bill.