Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i could see people hacking into Pres..even remotely rooting them.

If somebody builds a program that scans for Pre's that are in dev mode and rooted..it wouldnt be too hard.

but really...who is going to do that for just a phone?
    It's not a virus or a trojan, it's just an ad that takes over your browser. They make it look like it's scanning your computer and finding all these viruses when actually your computer is perfectly fine, don't believe what it's telling you and just restart your browser. These kind of scare tactic ads should be illegal.
  3.    #23  

Alright, I feel like a horse's patoot!

The funny thing is, I consider myself computer savvy. I should have known better and just told her to swipe that thing right off the screen. Well, I actually did tell her to swipe it off the screen. As soon as she told me, blah blah the C and D drive have corrupted files I immediately said, The Pre doesn't have C and D drives... She wanted me to post and be sure though.

At least a lot of you got a laugh from it!? Ha.

Now I feel like a moron and am pegged "THAT ONE GUY"...

Thanks all for the replies. Let's keep this thread going,
    You would be surprised how many people click on that. My company supports 200 business (150 regularly), and we directly manage 25. and we get calls for this ALL THE TIME!!!

facebook and myspace are the bane of IT administrators. and the fake av alerts are just nasty, thank god for malwarebytes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    Alright guys,

So my girlfriend just got her PRE. She was on facebook. Not the mobile facebook but the regular facebook. She was playing this star wars application then a virus thing popped up, did a scan she said and now its saying press now to clear off virus from the C:, D:, etc.

Thing is, i think it's just a website advert that tricks people into clicking...

I told her to take a screenshot. Here it is.

Can she just swipe that away? I think it's just the web playing tricks. THoughts? thanks..

Attachment 23858

Hahahahahaha

You're kidding me, right?!
    this made me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post

Alright, I feel like a horse's patoot!

The funny thing is, I consider myself computer savvy. I should have known better and just told her to swipe that thing right off the screen. Well, I actually did tell her to swipe it off the screen. As soon as she told me, blah blah the C and D drive have corrupted files I immediately said, The Pre doesn't have C and D drives... She wanted me to post and be sure though.

At least a lot of you got a laugh from it!? Ha.

Now I feel like a moron and am pegged "THAT ONE GUY"...

Thanks all for the replies. Let's keep this thread going,
    Don't believe them. Have her send the Pre to me immediately so I can scan it for virii. If she's hot, have her deliver it personally.

Trust me.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Have her send it to me, and I'll run a virus scan on it for her.
    Actually, just send the GIRLfriend over. I'll take care of it; just send her with a bottle of champagne and an eye-patch. I'm into pirates.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Have her send it to me, and I'll run a virus scan on it for her.
    For a small fee of course

Deleted by moderator
    Wouldn't you feel bad if the OP did this??
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/27/2009 at 04:04 PM.
    pre-vent viruses...use your finger to flick that bad boy away
  11.    #31  
    Okay guys, deleted everything off her PRE. Someone said I should delete all her contacts and to have her dial people manually. I think we're all set! Solid!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I lawled
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    lets try and use some more common sense before creating a thread called PRE VIRUS...

This crapola could end up on Mad money with Cramer hitting the SELL SELL SELL button....
    The original thread title was Pre Virus which has now be updated to:

Website Says it Found a Virus on the Pre's C: Drive! - It's just Malware Phishing

- Craig
    Sheesh.... and we were all having such fun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12