1.    #1  
    It seems most people in these forums prefer the Sprint commercials to the Palm commercials. But personally I've struggled with both.

I think I now know what bugs me: Sprint is trying to showcase the Pre's multitasking and Card system capabilities at the same time. That's too much to do in a simple commercial. Few lay people understand the theme: "allows you to run multiple, live applications."

Won't it be better if Sprint (and Palm) focused not on the multitasking ability - which is hard to showcase - but rather on the easy way Pre provides access to applications using the Card system? I know the current Sprint ads show 'cards' but the voiceover is all about multitasking which clouds the Card system messaging.

Solution: focus on a single, simple message - the Card system. From a visual perspective that a key differentiator.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Really mobile; 07/26/2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: fixed some typos
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Sprint should not focus on the means, just the end. What will having multiple live applications do for Joe and Bob.
    Simple tagline, something like 'you're used to having multiple windows open on your computer, why not on your phone?'
    sprint shouldn't be trying this hard to sell the pre. palm should (like the iphone ads before the app store) showcase the features and how they are practically applied
    Why do you all care about the ads? We already have a Pre. The ads do nothing for us. I don't get it.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Speaking of Pre advertising:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .... tell me how building a Dunkin' dougnuts in space is not good advertising? I have been trying to do that for a long time, and now I finally have the game plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    Sprint should not focus on the means, just the end. What will having multiple live applications do for Joe and Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by animaxcg View Post
    sprint shouldn't be trying this hard to sell the pre. palm should (like the iphone ads before the app store) showcase the features and how they are practically applied

Totally agree. You hit one spot where Joe or Bob have a weak spot for and they'll be instant customers. Maybe it will be the PreFart app or maybe Fandango but they need to show off the apps

Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Why do you all care about the ads? We already have a Pre. The ads do nothing for us. I don't get it.
    Ads bring in newer customers which influences developers to work on the Pre
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    The heck with the Phone, The girl is HOT!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Because people are a fan of the phone.
    Also, Most fans want their device to be successful.
    Great ads sell products, which makes said products successful
    when product is successful, there is more support, more programs, applications, updates, revisions etc. make sense?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    Simple tagline, something like 'you're used to having multiple windows open on your computer, why not on your phone?'
    THIS!
    I wouldn't be surprised if something like this would not attract MANY more consumers.

Seriously, those Palm commercials are really... horrible.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post
    Great idea. Compare it to having a computer in your hands.