Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Sometimes the browser becomes unresponsive and the only solution is to restart the phone. My evdo signal stays at three to to five bars but it just won't load pages and eventually times out. As soon as I turn the phone back on it works fine, any ideas?
    Can't say that this has happened to me.

On some sites, the pre may slow down, but comes bask pretty quickly.

Rarely I have to close that page.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Its not even loading the status circle just keeps spinning until it eventually times out.
    So just closing and restarting the browser does nothing? I haven't had this issue. If a web page won't load I can usually gesture back to the previous page or close and reopen the browser.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    When I've encountered that, I've assumed there was some flash-driven thing on the page that the Pre couldn't handle, so it got "stuck".
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    So just closing and restarting the browser does nothing? I haven't had this issue. If a web page won't load I can usually gesture back to the previous page or close and reopen the browser.
    Correct I can toss that card away bring up a new card and simply try to go to google and it will never connect. The status icon simply keeps rotating until it eventually times out.
    I have encountered the same problem. I'm not sure that it's a problem with flash ... When it happens to me closing the browser does nothing. I can't even load different page until I restart the phone. I don't think it's a problem with the update, cause it has happened a few times before. It's just a minor inconvenience, but annoying.

Oh and it does it on WiFi and on EVDO.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have encountered this when I am talking on the phone and trying to browse. It will try to connect, but never can. I didn't realize we couldn't talk on the phone and browse at the same time. When I have wifi turned on but for some reason the router isn't letting me on it will do this. Once I turn off the wifi it will connect via evdo.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I've noticed this too although only on occasion. I've only noticed this every once in a while when going to the digg mobile page. Not sure if they use flash ads on there or not. Sometimes, however, I can load the digg mobile page with no problems at all.

I haven't noticed it on any other page.
    The web browser runs as a combination of a webOS application and a separate web browsing server process. If that server crashes, it should be restarted by the system, but if it hangs, that might not be detected. The only way to fix that is to reboot the device.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    I have encountered the same problem. I'm not sure that it's a problem with flash ... When it happens to me closing the browser does nothing. I can't even load different page until I restart the phone. I don't think it's a problem with the update, cause it has happened a few times before. It's just a minor inconvenience, but annoying.

Oh and it does it on WiFi and on EVDO.
    Its minor in the sense that it isn't a deal breaker but for someone like me who clocks hours on the net daily its very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastin View Post
    Its minor in the sense that it isn't a deal breaker but for someone like me who clocks hours on the net daily its very annoying.
    I meant minor in the sense that it doesn't really happen all that often.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deetman View Post
    I've noticed this too although only on occasion. I've only noticed this every once in a while when going to the digg mobile page. Not sure if they use flash ads on there or not. Sometimes, however, I can load the digg mobile page with no problems at all.

I haven't noticed it on any other page.
    Yep I have had it happen on the digg site, normal non mobile. Clicked on either comments or a youtube link.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    I meant minor in the sense that it doesn't really happen all that often.
    Agreed.