Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    One issue I have is when I open the dial pad if I immediately push and hold down one of my speed dial numbers (let's say I hold down #3 which is a call to Mr.Hess) the phone will only recognize it as a 3. But, if I delete this number and again hold down #3, it will act on my speed dial request and call Mr.Hess.

Anyone else have this issue? It seems dial pad is not ready to go when it appears... it's dial pad feature kinda lags into place behind the dial pad image.
    I Have the same issue with mine very anoying

Fred
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Same here. Its hit or miss. Sometimes it works like a charm, but more often, it just sticks on the number.
    +1, ditto
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Same here - wife is threatening to return her Pre for this main reason. All her calls are on the road and she finds it extremely distracting to have to see if it worked, backspace, try again, sometimes again and again. If they can't fix this (although it is clearly a software issue), then deliver voice dialing already!!!!
    If using speed dial, hit that number on the actual keyboard
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Yep. It's hit or miss with me too. I don't get it. Sometimes works perfectly, sometimes not at all. Ironically, it seems to work best when I'm NOT in the phone app. LOL
    Yes, it works almost "perfectly" if you are NOT in the phone app. No matter what app you are in, hit the center button to minimize it. Then press and hold down the appropriate speed dial key on the physical keyboard. Should work practically every time.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I found it works best if I tap the "speed dial letter" then the "return" key. Sure , it's not truly speed dial if you need to tap a second button, but it's easier than holding down the smallish keys.
    ^and it actually dials faster with this method.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post
    One issue I have is when I open the dial pad if I immediately push and hold down one of my speed dial numbers (let's say I hold down #3 which is a call to Mr.Hess) the phone will only recognize it as a 3. But, if I delete this number and again hold down #3, it will act on my speed dial request and call Mr.Hess.

Anyone else have this issue? It seems dial pad is not ready to go when it appears... it's dial pad feature kinda lags into place behind the dial pad image.

I have the same problem. I hope this is fixed with the next update.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. It only happens on the first try after the dialer is opened up.