Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1.    #1  
    EDIT: I meant $100 each! So sorry! Too excited. I hope a mod can fix this.


    I'm posting from my brand new, $100 Best Buy Pre! Thanks to PreCentral.net and forum members for telling us about this Best Buy sale.

    We drove from Tallahassee, FL to Panama City, FL (about 100 miles) to get our 2 Pre's since the local BB doesn't sell Sprint stuff.

    So far it was worth it!

    Btw, the rep said they don't know when the sale ends. The tag by the Pre's didn't show an end date, either.

    Maybe pix later once I'm on a p.c.

    WoooHoooooo, babyyyyyyy!!!
    Last edited by palandri; 07/26/2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: changed price
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2. #2  
    Lucky, I could've waited a week to pay 100
  3. #3  
    i wanna see a pic of the receipt.
  4. #4  
  5. wp746911's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #5  
    I bought 7 pres from best buy and they PAID ME $1000 per pre...
  6. brewzer's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #6  
    Even if BB honored the mistake how the **** did you get two for $100?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    i wanna see a pic of the receipt.
    Dunno how to post pix from the Pre, but I'll do it when I get back to town. I took a pic pf the screen when it approved my payment.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I didn't click the link, but I did make a mistake and say $50 each. They were $100 each. $99, I suppose.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  9.    #9  
    I reported my post. Sorry for the confusion. Again, they were $100 each.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  10. #10  
    title fixed. Congrats for getting in before the price fix, west3man!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I reported my post. Sorry for the confusion. Again, they were $100 each.
    Good for you! It's nice to sometimes wind up on the *right* side of a corporate mistake Enjoy your pres!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  12. #12  
    I wonder if it was a *planned* error on BB's part...
  13. vyness's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #13  
    Hey... I went to my local BB this evening and snagged a pre for my husband's line for only $99... I paid $111 after tax. Guess I lucked out this time
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by vyness View Post
    Hey... I went to my local BB this evening and snagged a pre for my husband's line for only $99... I paid $111 after tax. Guess I lucked out this time
    Congrats!

    (We just made it home a lil' while, ago, btw. We let Sprint Nav tell us the way. Kinda cool.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  15. #15  
    Hey I also just walked out of a BestBuy and got a 2nd Pre for my dad. They had the $99 deal going but when I got to checkout the total was around $164.

    They said the tax was based on the original MSRP of $749.

    Did I get ripped off?

    Should the tax be based on the $749 bull**** MSRP or the $99?

    Any tips, insight or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

    PS: I live in California if it means anything taxwise and such.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by norml View Post
    Hey I also just walked out of a BestBuy and got a 2nd Pre for my dad. They had the $99 deal going but when I got to checkout the total was around $164.

    They said the tax was based on the original MSRP of $749.

    Did I get ripped off?

    Should the tax be based on the $749 bull**** MSRP or the $99?

    Any tips, insight or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

    PS: I live in California if it means anything taxwise and such.
    Well I don't know how taxes work in California, though CA is bankrupt so maybe they are desperate for money! Usually the tax is added to the total cost of the purchase, in your case $99.99. That's why the poster above only paid $111. I would go back and make BB fix it, unless again that's CA state law(~75% tax rate lawl?).
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  17. rishio's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #17  
    I just bought mine for $100 as well. They even put on Sprint TEP on mine even though I bought it at best buy. Awesome phone!

    I did have to pay a $39 (i think) activation fee. Are we supposed to pay this??
    Rishi O.
  18. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #18  
    You pay taxes on the full price, not the discounted price (the 2 year deal). That why they always list the full price.

    That is true for every state I believe. So perhaps the $99 price was a error in the computer and the taxes were mis-computed.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    You pay taxes on the full price, not the discounted price (the 2 year deal). That why they always list the full price.

    That is true for every state I believe. So perhaps the $99 price was a error in the computer and the taxes were mis-computed.
    Try buying in Oregon. We don't have no stinkin' sales tax.


    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  20. #20  
    so... mosdl, fellow 5 letter acronym-er,

    My tax rate is justified and accurate?

    Just want to make sure.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions