1.    #1  
    So I tried to return my Pre today so that I can buy it at Best Buy for $99, and they won't issue a refund because the phone is refurbished. So we had a discussion about how a customer in their 25th day shouldn't have a refurbished phone, but ultimately there is nothing they can do.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

I'm going to call American Express and have them issue me a refund, but I'm not sure how that will work out with my contract.
    its not 99$
    Update: Best Buy marketing manager John Bernier has chimed in via his Twitter account to say that the Pre is $199 and that the "error is being corrected." It'll be interesting to see if any lucky customers managed to nab the device for less than a Benjamin.
    Palm Pre drops to $99 at Best Buy (update: "error is being corrected," says Best Buy)
  3.    #3  
    While I was at Best Buy today it was selling for $99. I watched more than one person pay $107 with tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    While I was at Best Buy today it was selling for $99. I watched more than one person pay $107 with tax.
    And those people were very lucky, as I imagine the price tomorrow will be at $199 again, as it was an acknowledged mistake.
  5.    #5  
    My local best buy confirmed it was a mistake but they are honoring it for the rest of today (30 minutes) and for me in the morning.

But the bigger issue is that Sprint gave me a refurb Pre after 16 days of service, and now won't take it back because it's not a new phone.
    File a complaint with the BBB. If your within your 30 days they can't give you a refurb. They have a 30 day moneyback policy. It's up to you to make them stick to it. Don't settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjim View Post
    But the bigger issue is that Sprint gave me a refurb Pre after 16 days of service, and now won't take it back because it's not a new phone.
    Was this a corp store? I go there first. I mean, they should know what your serial number was when you first purchased it. It is the only phone that has been activated on the account, right?
  8.    #8  
    It was a corp store. I brought the phone, box, and receipt to the same store. The phone was exchanged twice with problems, at the last exchange resulted in them giving me a refurb.
    #1 They have a 30 day money back policy #2 within the 30 days they aren't supposed to give you a refurb. They have to refund you the money if you want to return the phone. They weren't supposed to give you a refurb and that is their problem they will have to deal with but they can't refuse to refund your money within the 30 day money back policy. Unless perhaps the phone was destroyed or abused.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I returned my Pre last Saturday on day 29 of my trial. It had been replaced 1 time with a new phone because of the slider and low signal issues. When I got to the store, they told me I could not return it because it had already been exchanged once. I got on the phone with Sprint and told them I wanted to cancel my contract. That got me connected with retentions who told me that the 1 time exchange did not include exchanging a defective phone. And, in any case, as long as I was within my 30 days I was entitled to a refund. The store manager processed my refund immediately and the CSR from retentions offered me a Airave free of charge and waived the monthly fees.

Give Sprint a call...they do not want to loose customers over a stores stupidity.
  11.    #11  
    The problem ultimately was solved. Sprint finally took my phone back and I bought it again at Best Buy for $99. I'm happy now I don't have a refurb anymore that I didn't deserve, and the slider is much better on the new one.

That reminds me, I was going to write a letter to Sprint.