View Poll Results: Have you downloaded the Pandora app?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

164 97.04%
  • No

5 2.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanting to know for some research. Have you downloaded the Pandora app?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Yes, love it, why?
    Best App so far!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    use it everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    use it everyday
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixerztres View Post
    Just wanting to know for some research. Have you downloaded the Pandora app?
    nope, I've been using the Sprint radio rock station.
    Is this better?
    Yup. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg6942 View Post
    nope, I've been using the Sprint radio rock station.
    Is this better?
    Your crazy if you didn't download this :P

Pandora is the best app so far, and I love how it alters to your style.

Its actually better on the Pre than on my Ipod touch (think that one has some minor bugs).

Its great, go download.
    The only downside of Pandora is that it bogs down my Pre horribly. Much snappier running any other 3 or 4 apps, rather than just Pandora in the background.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Sprint radio is like listening to AM radio compared to Pandora. Get it and you will not waste your time with S.R. ever again...

*TIP*
    Set up an account on your computer first. Load up all the genre's you are into and add individual bands you really love as well. From there you can set up a 'quick mix' selection but cannot alter this from your phone. (not that I could see anyways..) When your happy with your selections then log in to your account from your Pre. (Only need to do that once) It will sync up your selections and now you enjoy that sweet ear candy!

FYI: Pandora recently capped its free version to 40 hours of listening a month so don't let it roll too much. I mean that's a lot of hours but I listen to music all day everyday so I actually set up two accounts to cover it.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    The only downside of Pandora is that it bogs down my Pre horribly. Much snappier running any other 3 or 4 apps, rather than just Pandora in the background.
    I agree, its a resource hog.
    First app I'd downloaded!
    Palm Pre
    Yesss.. its awesome, i love it
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Yep. Use it daily.

Now, I need a freaking last.fm app too.
    Hi All,

Just got Pandora working on my Pioneer DEH P7000-BT. It works great but, the only way to increase the volume is to use the PRE, the deck volume control has no effect at all and the PRE volume wont allow me to crank up the volume to my taste. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, do I use it?? No. I find myself listening more of the music I own and Podcasts.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    227K downloads so far.
    Note that you can see the number of downloads in the app catalog. But I voted anyway.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I never used Pandora til I got the Pre, now I am a huge fan. Listen to it about half the day at work and plug the Pre into my aux port for my drive to and from work. I love getting phone calls while driving, pauses Pandora, phone automatically goes into speaker, other person's voice comes from the car speakers, my son loves it when I talk to my wife in the car cause he can hear her voice. When you hang up, Pandora automatically plays again.

I only have one problem with Pandora on the Pre. I've found that if I leave Pandora up, paused, that it DESTROYS my battery. It actually makes the phone hot to touch, it'll wipe out the battery in 2 hours. Not sure what is going on there, but I just close Pandora when not using it.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    "Just wanting to know for some research."

Sixerztres,

I am hoping that you are not trying to back out the number of Pres sold so far using the Pandora’s number of downloads. Be aware that the adaption rate here at precentral in much higher than what it is in reality, maybe twice or even more. I know two people who own a pre and none of them knows what Pandora is and have not heard anything about precentral. I bet most of the new buyers at sprint are the same, since majority of early adaptors have bought their pre by now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast