Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Seriously. The phone's been out for 2 months.
    It's been a bit over a month for me.
    I'm pretty upset because I wanted to return my phone after the 30 days (found out I have the dreaded "oreo twist")...

And I was just thinking about how the software I would pay money for, but the hardware is simply making the $199.99 a joke.
    What makes that older price an even funnier joke is that Best Buy is selling for $99.99.

It sucks for people who bought multiple Pre's (ahem, me) for family... The extra $100 really stacks up.
    It's like Palm pulled an Apple.

Edit: I know this seems like a rant, but it's quite upsetting if you have bought more than one Pre and you notice the "oreo twist" on your own Pre after the 30 days. On a side note, can you still exchange your Pre if you have a hardware problem after the 30 days?
    Last edited by Kedar; 07/26/2009 at 12:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    duplicate thread (though the other one doesn't actually list the price in the title)
    This is just the price of being an early adopter. It is to be expected.
    The two months I got to play with my Pre before the price drop was well worth a bill.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I once bought a new car and paid 4.9% interest to do so. A week later, the manufacturer introduced a 0% financing offer.

Boy, was I mad!

Not.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I wonder if this would qualify for price protection under American Express? It hasn't been more than 90 days.

AMEX Price Protection
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Not mad, was to be expected when the iphone went to $99. Happy I got the Pre when I did, for those who are mad, prices drop on cell phones all the time, I'm sure at some point the Pre will go down to $49 just like the curve did, this is part of the game carriers play.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm thoroughly excited. My patience just netted me $100 that I was prepared to spend next week. Looks like I'm gonna buy before Aug afterall. Called my local BB to verify. I'm gonna jump on them while they're still in stock.
    I'm exuberant, eligible Aug 1st, this makes up for all the waiting
    This signature for rent
    I paid $199 but like someone said, that's the price I paid for getting it early. I had little choice though and I'm really happy with it so I can let it go. On the bright side, there'll hopefully be a spike in sales and more developers looking Palm's way.
    im not mad.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    can i return and rebuy if im within my 30 days?
    Eh. Indifferent. If someone said "pay $100 and get your Pre and you can have it 2 months early" I probably would have paid it.
    I'm feeling indifferent about it. I understand the premium you pay for being impatient. I'm still totally happy w/ my PrPrPr&#$275$;.

One the other hand, IF PALM/SPRINT SHOULD FIND IT IN THEY HEARTS TO PASS OUT $100 CREDITS, I'd BE ESTATIC!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I'm wondering since my 30 days isn't up, if I could return the one I have and then go to best buy and buy one for $99. You would think sprint would work it out for me instead of going through this mess.
    What do you guys think?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah honestly, the pre is nice.. i felt it was well worth the price of admission.. however i did buy it in the first week of release... those who may have purchased it only a week or two ago may feel differently...
  17. joelpalm
    Glad I waited and just bought mine Friday, going to Best Buy now to get my $100!
    It's not fair but I'm resigned to it. I already broke my T-Mobile G1 contract to get it, and before that I broke a Sprint contract with a Centro.

When the next gen smartphone is out I'll buy it if it's good regardless of contract or price. It's going to cost me a few hundreds over the next couple years and I accept it. With the G1 and Pre I barely use my laptop and held off buying a new one so I see the costs as justified.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I paid full price so i'm over being mad.
    Uh, kinda sucks...I understand price drops but 2 months out of initial release?

Guess it's my bad for being impatient, but still.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast