Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    called up the Best Buy in Brooklyn, NY. They said its still 199
    From Twelpforce
    http://twitter.com/Twelpforce
    Thanks everyone for pointing out pricing error for Palm Pre; current price $199; correction in progress for all stores; appreciate patience
    @vara411 the official pricing currently for the Palm Pre at Best Buy is $199 http://bit.ly/160bGo via @Coral_BestBuyabout 2 hours ago from Twelpforce
    im pretty mad. I payed an extra $100 to beta test the Pre. The first run of pres had worthless screens, I am using my 3rd one and it still has minor light leakage. Current, newer pres have very little screen defects and are $100 cheaper.

edit: lol, its going back to 199...
    God makes the earth yield healing herbs which the prudent man should not neglect;
    Update: Best Buy marketing manager John Bernier has chimed in via his Twitter account to say that the Pre is $199 and that the "error is being corrected." It'll be interesting to see if any lucky customers managed to nab the device for less than a Benjamin.

Palm Pre drops to $99 at Best Buy (update: "error is being corrected," says Best Buy)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just came back from BB south Austin (mopac/290), and got it for 99.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    2 months after release? are they selling that poorly??????
    And no i'm not mad, my mogul needed to burn
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    EDIT
    Never mind.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    has anyone gotten a 100 back at best buy if they over 30 days im at 36 I don't think the $100 drop was good more like a kick in the nuts to all of us that paid $200
    wow i just returned my phone at radio shack and went to best buy.. got it at $99.. great error by best buy
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Appleton, WI Best Buy has it at $99..for the time being. Run while you can.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    It's almost as much nonsense as the unproductive, unapologetic fanboy comments strewn throughout any thread that even hints of complaint. And since these fanboy comments aren't anything but self-serving to the person posting them, I suppose disagreeing with or discrediting them looks like a personal attack on the fanboy. Plenty of stuff to wade through in these forums - I definitely recommend chest waders for the sheer volume of the fanboy comments alone.
    Except that you personally attacked a guy for simply stating his opinion. He didn't call anyone names, and to say it was "unproductive" flies in the face of the fact that the thread asked the question.

Your comments say tons.
    As I said before:

• Those that were mad/hurt/upset Feel better?
    • Those that got it at that price Going to give them their money back?
    • Those that did a price guarantee Same thing?

Now, I don't really expect any of these things to happen; but seriously, especially the folks that were so torqued over this whole thing, some folks need to do some serious introspection.
    Anyone that gets "mad" at a price drop in tech goodies in is for a very frustrated life. It may have been a mistake for now, but soon enough it wont be. Two months, two years, who cares- move on.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I was prepared to shell out ~$500 out of pocket for the Pre before pricing was officially announced, so it doesn't phase me one bit that the price has dropped.
    AMEN! But I was stoked that I didnt have to shell out $500 - $600, It was even more purchase incentive!
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 911_Dude View Post
    Anyone that gets "mad" at a price drop in tech goodies in is for a very frustrated life. It may have been a mistake for now, but soon enough it wont be. Two months, two years, who cares- move on.
    It's only been seven weeks. Cutting the price by 50% after only seven weeks leaves you feeling like they wanted to see how many people they could sucker in before they set the "real" price on the phone.

Three months would be easier to swallow-- that's a full business quarter at that point and you'd assume that found some ways to make the phone for less money, sales would have dipped off a bit, etc.

But seven weeks, when it still seems like they sell every phone they make? Too soon.
    but since it was a mistake on BB's part............

i wonder if the bad PRPRPR $this$ $gives$ $Palm$ $has$ $made$ $them$ $consider$ $reducing$ $the$ $inventory$ $BB$ $gets$?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    On the flip side, I do hope that this helped get the phone into the hands of a lot of people that might not have bought it otherwise.

A full app catalog and a $99 price tag will really steal business from Apple.
    Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.
    long time lurker, first time poster... i'm kinda mad about this price drop, or price mistake, at best buy. i just bought my pre from my local sprint store like a week ago. has anyone here had any success with price matching it at a sprint store? i think im gonna go to my sprint store and ask them about a price match. i skimmed the comments of the story on the home page and i did see that someone managed to get $100 credit but it would take 46 days. but don't know how successful i would be, what should i tell the sprint guy??
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchyburger View Post
    long time lurker, first time poster... i'm kinda mad about this price drop, or price mistake, at best buy. i just bought my pre from my local sprint store like a week ago. has anyone here had any success with price matching it at a sprint store? i think im gonna go to my sprint store and ask them about a price match. i skimmed the comments of the story on the home page and i did see that someone managed to get $100 credit but it would take 46 days. but don't know how successful i would be, what should i tell the sprint guy??
    Given that Best Buy publicly said they messed up, I don't think you're going to have a lot of luck.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast