Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Quit crying and grow up! Price drops happen. Life happens. The Pre is a great phone. It was a good value at $199. It is an even better value at $99. I hope the things fly off the shelves. Better for all of us. Props to Palm and Sprint and Best Buy for having the courage to be competitive with their pricing.

BTW: I bought 2 Pre's at $199 and I have no regrets at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    No mistake. Heres a pic from precentral home page. You should forward it to Sprint. Haha

Um. Not for nothing. But have you NEVER heard of Photoshop? Pictures don't mean much.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Mad? No way! As previously stated, it's been well worth the price to have had my Pre for over a month now.

The way I see it, the lower the price, the more units are going to get sold. This will lead to a higher user base and, hopefully, even more interest from "outsiders" and developers. This is a good thing. A very, very good thing.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Mad? No way! As previously stated, it's been well worth the price to have had my Pre for over a month now.

The way I see it, the lower the price, the more units are going to get sold. This will lead to a higher user base and, hopefully, even more interest from "outsiders" and developers. This is a good thing. A very, very good thing.
    Good attitude.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    The display in my best buy store looked just like the one in that picture. I got the refund too.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I once bought a new car and paid 4.9% interest to do so. A week later, the manufacturer introduced a 0% financing offer.

Boy, was I mad!

Not.
    One time I bought a house at 6.5% interest. A month later, interest rates went up to almost 8%. The back called me and insisted I refinance so they could get it at the higher price.

I figured what's good for the goose is good for the gander...
    [/Sarcasm off]
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I'm actually very pissed, I understand the price would drop. I just think it's a bit too early to drop the price by that much.
    I'm not pissed but still not happy about this development. I knew that inevitably that it was gonna drop in price, but come on 2 months in?

I'm gonna email sprint and see if ecare can refund me something.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    It's not fair but I'm resigned to it. I already broke my T-Mobile G1 contract to get it, and before that I broke a Sprint contract with a Centro.
    How is it "not fair"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    And I'm sure Palm loves customer like you too.
    Why the personal attacks, simply because he doesn't agree with you. It's nonsense such as this that makes wading through this forum so difficult.
    People are such whiners. It doesn't matter what the price is now. You bought it for $199 knowing full well what the price was you were paying. If that was too much for you you shouldn't have gotten it and waited for the price to come down.

I bought the original iphone on day one for $600. When they dropped the price I wasn't pissed. I paid what I paid at the time.

If you have this attitude you'll have a tough time in life. Get over it already.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Here's my receipt (some possibly sensitive info is redacted). Sorry it's blurry... I took the pic with the Pre
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    ^^Stop calling people whiners, if you see we all acknowledge that the price would eventually drop. But none of us would anticipate it dropping this quickly. You want to bring in the iPhone at least they waited a year. Two months and half the price, is really a slap in the face to the early adopters.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I just bought mine too. I can verify it's real
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    No problem here. I made my own decision to pay $199 34 days ago. With ANY technology, you can wait and pay less. I chose not to. My decision and I satnd by it.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm not mad at all. I shelled out $300 bucks for the pre at 9AM on June 6th. I'm still waiting for my $100 rebate. Im glad I got the Pre when I did. it worked out perfectly for me.

As for those of you asking about returning it to sprint only to go buy it at best buy, I don't think that'll work. Any returned upgrade/line add-on has to wait 45 days after the return before the same upgrade can be made again (if you're returning it for a different phone, thats a different story). otherwise they reinstate the initial sale.

But for those of you who bought the phone at best buy in the first place and its been less than 30 days, go back to best buy and enforce your price match guarantee. You should get a refund instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why the personal attacks, simply because he doesn't agree with you. It's nonsense such as this that makes wading through this forum so difficult.
    It's almost as much nonsense as the unproductive, unapologetic fanboy comments strewn throughout any thread that even hints of complaint. And since these fanboy comments aren't anything but self-serving to the person posting them, I suppose disagreeing with or discrediting them looks like a personal attack on the fanboy. Plenty of stuff to wade through in these forums - I definitely recommend chest waders for the sheer volume of the fanboy comments alone.
    How about since when the IPHONE came out and they lowered they price they gave Itune credits or whatever.. Maybe Sprint should give out free touchtones for people who bought it at $200. The touchtone COGS is like $5.00 and they try charging like $70.00 for it. This is a move wouldn't kill them that much instead of refunding everyone a hundred $$ or listening to hundreds of complaints. This might make everyone feel just a little bit better lololol

I love this phone but mine has that oreo effect that is really annoying and when I asked for a new one they told me that it was, "Cosmetics" and they can't exchange for that. I just need some reasurance from them. I just paid $200 a little over a month ago for something that i'm going to be using for the next 2 years or more and I don't want it falling apart lolol

It won't let me post the link for the touchtone COGS so google it!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Maybe in another couple of months it will be a FREE phone w/ 2yr contract.
    Unlikely. This is still a smartphone. While, sprint makes tons of phones free, I don't believe they ever do it for smartphones. Powerusers always have premiums to pay.
    I'm guessing this is just a Best Buy promotion ... probably Best Buy worked out a deal with Palm or Sprint to cover the $100, but only for BB. That would keep Spring from having to exchange or credit the difference for buyers within the 30 days return privilege (for new contracts). Regardless, IMHO it means Sprint is having to get the volume up ... gww
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thank God I'm still within my 30 days.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast