Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohimbe35 View Post
    I'm wondering since my 30 days isn't up, if I could return the one I have and then go to best buy and buy one for $99. You would think sprint would work it out for me instead of going through this mess.
    What do you guys think?
    Does someone if we can do this. 30 days is not up. So if I refund will I still be eligible for renewing a 2 year contract?
    my 30 days isnt up, if i return it to Radio Shack, do i need a reason to?

i paid 220 with upgrade, no reason not to save 120 bucks
    I'm def going to be emailing Sprint when I get home. Hopefully ecare can credit me something back. I paid close to $660 after taxes for 2 Pre's. I could use a cpl hundred back in my pocket.

I'm still within 30 days too. I'll leave on a follow up on how they reply.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Nah, I knew when buying it at release it wouldn't to far out till the price dropped.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohimbe35 View Post
    I'm wondering since my 30 days isn't up, if I could return the one I have and then go to best buy and buy one for $99. You would think sprint would work it out for me instead of going through this mess.
    What do you guys think?
    Good luck with that - especially if you purchased it from Sprint. You'll probably have to go through the motions. Have you sent in your rebate already? That may influence things.
    the BB near me has not had a Pre in stock since after the second week of release. So unless this is an online option or they have ramped up production I dont see this making much of a difference to me.
    Thank god!:d:d
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    no, this was bound to happen - price of getting the phone early. The phone is worth the $200 I paid for it!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    $100 isn't enough to get mad over. However, had I paid $599 and they cut $500 off...I would be a little put off.

Early adopters always pay man, never gonna change.

And the phone is easily worth the $100 premium. I have had it since launch day and have yet to drop a call, and I've had hundreds of calls. That coming from the iPhone with 3-5 drops/day.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    not mad at all. i feel like i got an extra $100 worth of joy over the last 2 months.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just got back from 2 local BB's and they don't have it for this price and the salesman told me it was an error and it should be fixed at the stores that do have it by the end of the day.

After looking on BB website I think the guy at the store didn't know what he was talking about, the phone without a contract is now $749.99 so this makes me think the price of $99.99 is not an error now.
    Last edited by ronlw34; 07/26/2009 at 01:47 PM.
    And people on these boards say iPhone owners are sheep. When Steve Jobs did the same thing with the original iPhone (dropped the price $200, or 33%, after 2 months) the early adopters raised hell - and got a $100 gift certificate from Apple for their trouble. Pre owners aren't even complaining with a 50% price cut - how forgiving!

Of course, if Palm did offer a gift certificate they'd probably go bankrupt. I wonder why the Pre price is already getting cut in half? Poor sales?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    If you purchased from Best Buy and it's within your 30 day window (45 if you are Rewards Platinum) and the price has dropped all of the stores that I have dealt with will refund the difference.

Last year I bought two laptops, within a week both dropped $25. I went to the service desk and got $50 back. By the end of the 30 days one of the laptops had dropped another $100. I went in and got that refunded as well.

It costs them more to have the item returned and have to have it refurbished or knock the price down as an open item, plus the paperwork versus just giving you the difference.

Unfortunately I don't think that's going to work outside of the 30 day return window. Regardless I don't think this is something people should get angry over.
    Maybe in another couple of months it will be a FREE phone w/ 2yr contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    And people on these boards say iPhone owners are sheep. When Steve Jobs did the same thing with the original iPhone (dropped the price $200, or 33%, after 2 months) the early adopters raised hell - and got a $100 gift certificate from Apple for their trouble. Pre owners aren't even complaining with a 50% price cut - how forgiving!

Of course, if Palm did offer a gift certificate they'd probably go bankrupt. I wonder why the Pre price is already getting cut in half? Poor sales?
    Why raise hell on something so vague? Is this price cut permanent? Is it confirmed at all Best Buy stores?

Need facts.
    Yeah, but how many of us wanted to be treated as shabbily as the poor iPhone chumps got ganked? I bought from a Sprint store and had to hassle with the mail-in rebate (pending) and less than two months later I find that if I'd waited, I could've saved over $200 (incl. tax) if I'd waited. Along with the utter lack of apps and those insipid Creepy Girl ad, this raw deal for the early adopters and not a smart move for Palm/Sprint unless some make-goods are offered to balm the hurt they caused.
    If Sprint wanted to give me $100, i'd take it. But I really don't mind having paid $200 for my Pre. I've had it for a month and a half already and it's well worth the money. Plus, $100 really isn't that much money...
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I'm not gonna go dig out the pitchforks, but I'm also not stoked. 3 months and I wouldn't have cared, 2 months is a just a little too soon for a 50% drop, though.

Add me to the list of people speculating on Best Buy's ability to make good on this, though-- I wonder how many people are going to get all stoked for a $100 Pre, only to discover that the only units in town cost $300 over at Sprint. (Did the Sprint rebate get extended?)
    no need to get mad about it. you chose to be an early adopter, this is well known in just about everything. the price will go down eventually, most of the time, at least. 100, even better for new customers wanting to get a pre and even more of a reason to choose it over an iphone, if you must
    So I'm confused....why is this only at best buy? Is it just a special? Did Palm issue a price differece....or did Sprint?

If Sprint why not at Sprint stores.....i'm very confused haha.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast