Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Best Buys in Milwaukee are stating this price was an error and they are NOT to put out the $99 price tiles. It is still $199.
    I was about to call a big B.S. on this, because its not in the weekly fliers and I just bought mine yesterday for $199. But I just got $108 back in Ok City. Bought the Touchstone with the cash. Its not in the flier, but is marked on the demo tables.
    AWESOME! If it cost half as much, is it twice as good?
    If this is an error (doubt it) and you bought yours at Best Buy within 30 days, I would run to your BB now.

Last edited by 911_Dude; 07/26/2009 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    can somone pleaseeeeeee upload a receipt or a scanned advertisement?

I am calling Visa to get my Price Buyer's guarantee
    +1, would be very much appreciative if someone can do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    can somone pleaseeeeeee upload a receipt or a scanned advertisement?

I am calling Visa to get my Price Buyer's guarantee
    It doesnt appear to be an advertised price. Its just on the shelf price.
    Sorry, no scanner.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    There's a pic of my receipt here.
    I talked to my local Best Buy and no dice.. San Diego Best Buy stores do not even have Sprint. Though strangely enough they had lots of Palm Pre accessories. Very odd indeed.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Bought a pre for the woman at best buy on saturday for $200. Went back on sunday with my reciept and they refunded the $100 difference. Between hers and mine I'm averaged in at $150 per phone. I can live with that .
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just purchased my Pre last week for 199.99 and am confirming the new 99.99 price at Best Buy- At least it is in my local store (North Carolina)...saw the price drop post, motored straight to the store with my receipt to verify and they were happy to do the price match...no questions asked.

Great forum- already saved me some money
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Great deal for those that got it. Looks like a pricing error that BB has acknowledged and fixed.
    Update: Best Buy marketing manager John Bernier has chimed in via his Twitter account to say that the Pre is $199 and that the "error is being corrected." It'll be interesting to see if any lucky customers managed to nab the device for less than a Benjamin.
    Palm Pre drops to $99 at Best Buy (update: "error is being corrected," says Best Buy)
    I just went to the Best Buy in Taylor Michigan and got the price match refund. The sign must have just been changed as the folks working there didn't know about it. After a quick check they gave me a refund of $100 + tax with no problems. I can't find it online but it was in the store. To me the Pre was worth what I paid so I am overjoyed. I think it will sell much better at $99. Thanks all for the heads up!
    An ERROR! EL OH EL !!
    Thanks Best Buy! And thanks to this board! There was what, like a 6 hour window for that pricing? Sweet deal.
    I was about to say this would have been the last straw afte all the problems I've had with mine!

Still love this phone though!
  14.    #54  
    damn i couldnt get to best buy today

im going to go tomorrow but im guessing they will have the price fixed by then
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Appleton, WI Best Buy.
    Price matched two phones, received $210.xx back
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Quote Originally Posted by 911_Dude View Post
    An ERROR! EL OH EL !!
    Thanks Best Buy! And thanks to this board! There was what, like a 6 hour window for that pricing? Sweet deal.
    "Sweet"? Now surely, since it was an errror, with all the talke of "fairness", the folks that got their $100 off are going to take it back? Surely!!

And surely those that paid $199 (and up) two months ago (or less) now feel that the world is once again right? Surely...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    "Sweet"? Now surely, since it was an errror, with all the talke of "fairness", the folks that got their $100 off are going to take it back? Surely!!

And surely those that paid $199 (and up) two months ago (or less) now feel that the world is once again right? Surely...
    Um, NOT! Before it was an error, BB wasnt calling me up to come get my $100 price match check. What goes around comes around.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMCivic View Post
    confirmed: all over phx az
    Indeed.

Paradise Valley Mall location had sandwich boards and ads all over the store touting the $99.99 price. I went to customer service and the rep gave me my $108.30 back as a credit to my credit card and I was on my way in under five minutes.

A very nice surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan View Post
    Can anyone post the link to the $99 best buy offer? I called my best buy in Austin, Texas and they say $199.99 with 2 year for new customers. I need to find a proof so I can get some of my money back.

Thanks.
    Also here in austin. Returned mine to sprint store and got one from best buy by lakeline mall for 108 out the door. Research said there were sold out but also confirmed 99 price
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i did the same, returned the phone to sprint, went across the street to best buy to pick it up for $100 cheaper. i asked sprint to credit my account first, but they refused.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast