1.    #1  
    So now on my second Pre. My first one had a few problems and eventually when the actual phone wouldn't work on it I took it back and got a replacement.

Fresh out of the box the slider on the new one won't open fully. It extends to show half of the A S D F G G H J K <-- row. I tried forcing it to open further and it won't budge. I took the battery off and tried to see what was causing this and I couldn't see.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Know of a way to fix it themselves without taking it back? I love the pre and I hate to keep getting new phones in the mail, this is getting rediculous.
    I have this same problem. Anyone know how to fix it? It's stuck solid just above the ASDF row. It just appeared out of nowhere--nothing happened to the phone physically before it started. Very strange.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    When I recieved my replacement about a month ago, after only a week I had the same problem. After working it open and closed a screw fell out. It's probably the same thing. A tech at the store was able to repair mine. Works better than new. Hope that helps.
    The spring in the slider gets stuck between the slider rails.
    same problem. There was a loose screw that came out after some budging. Good luck!