Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or have there not been hardly any posts complaining about the amount of storage they have on their Pre? Before it launched, many people were up in arms that they weren't going to have enough space and no room for expansion. So far I haven't heard much complaining... Am I speaking too soon because the App Catalog hasn't fully blossomed yet or what? Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    What would be the point of complaining once you buy it? You know how much memory it has... You know it isn't changing. If lack of memory is that much of a concern, there would have been no point buying the phone.

Anyone who would complain about the memory would be doing so just to whine.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Most people will be upgrading in 1 to 3 years to next generation webOS hardware which will have more storage.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Coming from a g1 where, without appstosd, one gets ~200mb of internal mem to install apps...I'm not complaining...
    After complaining about the memory when we found out about it, those of us that still decided to get the Pre took measures to work within the constraints Palm imposed on us. In my case, I bought a separate iPod and gave up on the idea of using one device for everything for this generation.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yeah I still have an old ipod photo that I just fill up with audio padcasts...I'll throw some video podcasts onto to the pre to occupy my time a bit if needed
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    People are not complaining because the vast majority of people don't have the need to carry their entire music,movie, and photo collection with them at all times.

I have around 2000 songs and 2 seasons of entourage on my phone. When I need the next two seasons i will take the 5 minutes to hook up my pre to my computer and swap em in.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Is it just me or have there not been hardly any posts complaining about the amount of storage they have on their Pre?
    So you are complaining about the lack of complaints?
    What's the chance I will use anywhere near 8Gb of space to store applications? My launcher pages would be gigantic!
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    So you are complaining about the lack of complaints?
    LOL. No, it was just an observation. But it still is surprising. I just assumed that we would see a few posts here and there about... "I filled my Pre!! now what?!"

But I guess it's a good thing it doesn't come up...
    Whats the point of complaining, I bought it knowing it was 8GB..so who cares!
    A funny thing happened. I did copy over my top rated playlist from iTunes, but I hardly ever play it, instead I use Pandora.

Sure the Pandora in the background feature is by now a cliche. But it turns out that with mutlitasking I'd rather just let it play music for me instead of having to organize and sync my music. I still copy over audio magazines and podcasts, but those are not for repeated listening so they get cleared out.

In short, with the music taken care of, there's so far not much stored on the device. I suppose that's another benefit of the cloud.
    I knew it had 8GB of memory with an allocated UAS. Why complain since it cannot be changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    Before it launched, many people were up in arms that they weren't going to have enough space and no room for expansion. So far I haven't heard much complaining...
    Those people moved on to one of the many other phones with larger or expandable memory capacities.
    LOL at the notion that people would NOT complain about ANYTHING on this board just because it was known about before the Pre came out.... if that was the case this MB would have about 50 posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I'm so mad at Palm. It's a conspiracy I tell you. My Pre only has 8 gig. It's only now, after my 30 days are up that I learn it can't be doubled to 24 gig through a software upgrade. At least I'll more room for that upgrade that will make it blazing fast as it magically changes to 4g speeds. Tonight, I'm gonna put an Invisible Shield on it and as I understand it, if I stretch it enough, it will make the screen bigger.

BTW, does anybody else other than me charge their Jawbone on the Touchstone?
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I have about 60GB of music so a long time ago I realized my music consumption would out pace reasonable technology and learned to adapt to 8GB. I love my Pre, but my 1st gen 8GB refurb touch still sounds a notch better so for traveling I take both, but day to day I can get by with the Pre. Drag and Drop is definitely my new friend.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Seriously, 8gb is quite a lot. I've got like 10 full length movies, 15 tv show episodes, and over 200 songs on the pre with still 2 gigs left.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I have about 60GB of music so a long time ago I realized my music consumption would out pace reasonable technology and learned to adapt to 8GB. I love my Pre, but my 1st gen 8GB refurb touch still sounds a notch better so for traveling I take both, but day to day I can get by with the Pre. Drag and Drop is definitely my new friend.
    Thats interesting because I generally use my 8gb Nano 3rdgen to listen to music and I noticed the sound quality was a lot better with the Pre. A nano isnt a touch though but I would have thought the sound would be comparable.

Anyone here using an Ipod Touch and a Pre? I have a new Touch I got with a macbookpro that I was going to sell but I considered selling my nano and keeping the touch but it seems redundant. I don't like using my phone for music working outdoors or in the gym since it is delicate and larger than my nano3g.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Don't get me wrong the Pre isn't bad, but the touch has an eq and the sound appears to be a tad bit louder and more precise. But I sort of expected that, since the touch is a dedicated MP3 player. My touch is jailbroken, but I still much prefer the UI on the Pre. Call me old fashioned, but I'm more comfortable having a dedicated media player and a separate dedicated phone/task manager primarily due to battery issues with both devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast