Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I updated my pre to 1.1 and now my earpiece doesn't work when I make or receive calls. Anyone else have this or other issues? I did the interactive test and I can hear the sound. But won't work when making and receiving calls. Guess I'll be making my first exchange to the sprint store.....sigh. It was a good run. Lol
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Do a search for this problem. I believe the fix is as easy as plugging in a headset and then unplugging while the phone is awake..
    Quote Originally Posted by tcassio View Post
    Do a search for this problem. I believe the fix is as easy as plugging in a headset and then unplugging while the phone is awake..

Try this before you return it. I had this issue with my current pre, and my original. It takes a bunch of times to fix it, but it will work if you've had a headset it in recently.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Yes I use it for the gym....and it does seem to have started doing that since. I've had to run the interactive test to get the speaker to work...its kinda a pain. But I do like the phone. And hope this is fixed. Or is it just my pre?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I tried the headphone thing.....but it doesn't seem to work. I also just noticed when I put the phone to my ear it doesn't turn off the screen as if the ear piece was active.but if I plug in headphones or turn on speaker phone it seems to have perfect sound. So I guess I'll just take it to the sprint store and see if I can get it fixed or replaced....sux.
    Quote Originally Posted by b0bbY View Post
    I tried the headphone thing.....but it doesn't seem to work. I also just noticed when I put the phone to my ear it doesn't turn off the screen as if the ear piece was active.but if I plug in headphones or turn on speaker phone it seems to have perfect sound. So I guess I'll just take it to the sprint store and see if I can get it fixed or replaced....sux.
    FWIW, I had the exact same issue with a 755P. I sometimes wonder if Chinese mfg's low-bid the metal they use for these types of connectors.

The scary part about it was that it happened several months after I got my 755. Might have even been outside the initial warranty period, because I don't normally use plug in headsets. I had lost my BT, and the plug in worked fine for a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I had TEP, so it didn't matter.
    Have you tried the partial or full erase in device info reset options? Do the partial erase as this restores the Pre with your apps & data mostly intact from palm profile. Then do the headset plug/unplug a few times. The treo/centro were also notorious for this issue. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I cant see anything different other then the NFL app.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    just happened today, my speaker doesnt work with pandora/you tube/sprint tv and people cant hear me nor can i hear them while using the phone. the audio works only with earphones
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I just did this and I need to check this out.