Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Same problem here. No shutdowns prior to 1.1 and ever since upgrade, it happened 3 times (randomly). This has got to be 1.1 related issue.
    No problems here.
    no 'Thanks'
  3. geridh
    No problems here either
    I posted my experience on another thread - Tips, I think...I was having all the situations described - in the pocket, closing the slider, on the desk. But when i actually saw two shutdowns when closing the slider, I KNEW the source of the problem. The battery was not making good contact with the Pre. I removed the battery and saw that the 3 contacts were a matte gold color, and there were microscopic marks where the Pre was making contact with the battery. I used a pencil eraser to polish the contacts until they were bright, shiny gold. Then I added a strip of Scotch tape to the opposite side of battery to help push the battery against the contacts. Since I performed my fix, I have not had a random shutdown. I fly radio-controlled helicopters and planes. We would never trust "drop-in" batteries to power our expensive toys. LOL. Ken
    Last edited by kenhiraihnl; 07/29/2009 at 12:27 PM.
    Bump. Just to let you guys know...it's been several days since I polished my battery contacts and added the tape to increase pressure on the contacts...Zero shutdowns! I'm not an engineer, but maybe there is a cause-effect with 1.1...Maybe Ohm's Law kicked in...Greater amp draw after 1.1 and the resistance of poor contacts caused momentary voltage changes - and shutdowns...Anyway, my problems are solved except for a minor 'oreo' with the keyboard closed...No problem...Ken
    Mine does sporadic shutdowns every now and then (everyday). It's getting annoying. Missed calls and alarms.. bah!
    My .02...pull the battery and do what I did...If it works for you, we may have made one of the greatest Pre discoveries...
    -ken
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhiraihnl View Post
    Bump. Just to let you guys know...it's been several days since I polished my battery contacts and added the tape to increase pressure on the contacts...Zero shutdowns! I'm not an engineer, but maybe there is a cause-effect with 1.1...Maybe Ohm's Law kicked in...Greater amp draw after 1.1 and the resistance of poor contacts caused momentary voltage changes - and shutdowns...Anyway, my problems are solved except for a minor 'oreo' with the keyboard closed...No problem...Ken
    The battery-contact shutdown issue has been widely-discussed here. It's got nothing to do with 1.1, and if you go into the Sprint store, they will give you a new battery. Supposedly the batteries are just slightly shorter than necessary.
    no 'Thanks'
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12