Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    When I start typing to do a universal search, numbers appear instead, next to a phone-dialing icon. I have to click on the 'Find' box to switch over to universal search. Before doing so, all I see are numbers and not the letters I'm trying to type. This is very annoying. How do I fix this?

This problem has been intermittent for me, even prior to WebOS 1.1.

Note: I tried to search the forums for an answer but the search results page keeps coming up blank. Thanks!

~joe
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    When I start typing to do a universal search, numbers appear instead, next to a phone-dialing icon. I have to click on the 'Find' box to switch over to universal search. Before doing so, all I see are numbers and not the letters I'm trying to type. This is very annoying. How do I fix this?

This problem has been intermittent for me, even prior to WebOS 1.1.

Note: I tried to search the forums for an answer but the search results page keeps coming up blank. Thanks!

~joe
    as soon as u press some letters that are not a part of the number pad it will start to assume alpha instead of numeric
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Ah, okay. I'm not sure I like this. Some of my friends show up in just two or three letters, but they are all keypad letters. So short-cutting to reach them isn't such a short cut. This universal search stuff needs more thinking through.

I guess I'm stuck with having to hit the "Find" box for some people (and not for others)?

Is there any way to turn this off? If I want a number, I'll either go into the dial pad or I'll hit the red button.

Thanks!
    When I type it shows numbers but it also assumes the letters so it shows me friends and apps that match the letters even though there are numbers shown.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Ah, okay. I'm not sure I like this. Some of my friends show up in just two or three letters, but they are all keypad letters. So short-cutting to reach them isn't such a short cut. This universal search stuff needs more thinking through.

I guess I'm stuck with having to hit the "Find" box for some people (and not for others)?

Is there any way to turn this off? If I want a number, I'll either go into the dial pad or I'll hit the red button.

Thanks!
    Doesn't sound like you're using it right, or know what you're doing. Just start typing the friends name you're looking for and, as long as it matches a contact, Universal search will find it. Want to dial a number, just punch in the number and hit the Enter key.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    When I type it shows numbers but it also assumes the letters so it shows me friends and apps that match the letters even though there are numbers shown.
    This.

When I start typing it looks for both the number I may be typing and the name the may be spelled out by the letters
    Last edited by forsethc; 07/28/2009 at 11:30 AM.