1.    #1  
    Just can't figure it out.can't there be a direct download to your phone.so I can get homebrew apps through file coaster....its just annoying.I stopped by at@t today and looked at the 3gs and I just can't pull the trigger.the Iphone on the internet sucks,it is so slow.I live in south florida with great signals for at@t and the internet connection blows.......I don't care how many people say how fast the new iphone is..its NOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    can't there be a direct download to your phone.
    The SDK goes on your computer, not your phone.

You don't need the SDK to get homebrews on your phone, but you can't download them direct to the phone (at least not at this point). You d/l them to your computer and get them on your phone from there. This link might help you with that part:

Tutorials webOS Installing An Ipk - WebOS Internals
    Loving my Palm Pre, Seidio 1350 battery, & Touchstone charger
    Follow the directions in jennigraces link. You also need the palm SDK post 1.1 or you may get novacom driver errors.

Welcome to webOSdev - Palm
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    PreCentral's steps have a lot more explaination and I think are easier to follow:

A Simple How-to Guide for getting homebrew apps onto your Pre

- Craig
  5.    #5  
    i got it to work.thanks alot everyone