1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have had 5 Pre's already. I originally bought two. I have had My wifes replaced once and I am on my third. My wife's second Pre has an amazing battery life. She can go two to three days between charges and my Pre dies in a few hours. They are both setup the same and both have GPS turned on.

As a long time computer tech, I can only surmise that a lot of the battery issues have to be physical hardware related. There is more than likely a wide variance in the quality of the components used to build each physical Palm Pre.

I have to say, I love the O/S but the hardware is pretty **** poor. You would think that with both Palm and Sprint teetering on the edge of staying in business, they would have done a much better job in designing and building the hardware.

I have refused to get an IPhone mainly because I will not deal with AT&T, but I have to say that the IPhone hardware makes the Pre look like a cheap plastic toy.

Wouldn't it be a scream if someone came up with a way to load WEB-OS on IPhone hardware and then run it on a different carrier than AT&T!

Just my .02

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcftl View Post
    Hi All,
    My wife's second Pre has an amazing battery life. She can go two to three days between charges and my Pre dies in a few hours. They are both setup the same and both have GPS turned on.

As a long time computer tech, I can only surmise that a lot of the battery issues have to be physical hardware related.
    One interesting experiment might be to swap batteries with your wife... tho it might not really prove anything... (unless your battery performs badly in her phone...)

Even if you have your phones set up identical, is your usage identical? Some apps will still use juice if they're open in a card but not the "active" card. Do you have more email accounts set up or get more emails? How frequently is your phone checking these accts? What about texts? Is wireless enabled? etc etc.

I'm not saying that it can't be hardware... just that there might be other reasons as well
    Loving my Palm Pre, Seidio 1350 battery, & Touchstone charger
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    It is not hardware issues, it is what you are running on your phone. She probably has next to nothing running, and rarely uses it. You probably are more of a power user. Shut off GPS, Bluetooth and Wifi, and don't have on AIM and whatnot, and you'll be fine.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Either exchange batteries with her phone when she's not looking and see if that fixes the issue...or just swap phones with her and see if that fixes it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo